Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

does anybody Think that us could become like nazi germany ?

ScottGem

ScottGem

United States

just a question i though  i mean with the economy way it is , I think it could happen

06:54 AM Apr 02 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

spontan

spontan

Germany

the nazis have had a secret service and a lot of propaganda public relation and they tried to implant in the mind to the common folk their nazi ideology …they called it the truth.

oh there are till now a lot of truths in the world… i can only see the truth of death,  i see the died and hurt people through war and terror in middle east and the American died people through war and terror.but there are actual  a lot of war and terror victims in Africa .i don't know why we know nearly nothing about the millions war and terror victims in Africa, but we know all figures about western war and terror victims…public relation???or journalist don't want to travel to Africa?

to the economy question: the Chinese have now so much dollar that they can hurt the American economy very deep…but the money and the business is global has no border anymore…so i think the Chinese will conquer America peacefully by buying American firms…unreal? i am sure not…have you thought before, that the queen from  England and the English prime minister must drive once an Indian colonies  car…yes the Indian have conquered peacefully by business the English  automobile industries named Jaguar and Landrover….the English economy and the American Ford have had not enough money to avoid this,this happened march 2008, 61 years after Mahatma Gandhi have peacefully free India from the colonist England.

01:16 AM Apr 04 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Plus you quite clearly miss the fact that the U.S. government is hell bent on only invading countries that have high quantites of Oil, i somehow think that this is not a coinidence, Afghanistan-Oil, Iraq-Oil, Iran-Oil. See any patterns emerging here?

I see a pattern. Afghanistan: State sponsor of terror. Iraq: State sponsor of terror. Iran: State sponsor of terror. 

Grenada – no oil 

Panama – no oil 

Somalia – no oil

Haiti – no oil

Bosnia – no oil

Not sure I understand your comment about Afghanistan they don't choose to have the oil. It's possible there are undeveloped assets there, so sure, you could look at it as if the US wanted to develop them, but why would the afghans CHOOSE not to have the oil. I don't see them as quite the environmental types. 

And the west doesn't TAKE the oil, they buy it. So does the rest of the world. It was Saddam who TOOK Kuwait (and its oil) 

02:25 AM Apr 04 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I would imagine the US "insisted" that 15 of the hijackers were Saudi because it was true.

Ticket and credit card records, recovered passports, passenger lists, seat numbers and other forensic evidence was used by the FBI to identify the hijackers. If you think it's not clear that the hijackers were from a middle eastern country, do you think the evidence is false? Where do you think the hijackers were from? Where there even any hijackers at all?  

, also what about the evidence that the U.S. used to prove that the Hijackers were mostly Saudi.

what about it? 

02:33 AM Apr 04 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

so i think the Chinese will conquer America peacefully by buying American firms…unreal? i am sure not…have you thought before, that the queen from  England and the English prime minister must drive once an Indian colonies  car…yes the Indian have conquered peacefully by business the English  automobile industries named Jaguar and Landrover….the English economy and the American Ford have had not enough money to avoid this

Yeah, but where would you rather live – India or Great Britain? Not as a tourist or resident alien, but as an average person born, raised, and educated there? What about as a woman?

India and China both have a lot going for them, but they both have some severe problems as well. Much of the USA's problems are easily remedied – it's not that hard to ride the bus, recycle more, not buy that new HDTV, and invest more in education. The infrastructure is already there, and the US has a motivated workforce that can train and retrain itself almost at will. India has severe problems with over-population, disease and public health, sexism, etc. India or China may very well be the next world's superpower, but they've got a long ways to go.

08:39 PM Apr 17 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

in business,nobody asks what we want.business is not sentimental, it is only profit orientated and the money have  no border anymore…this is fact,if we like it plays no matter…

to the topic,after world war two  we have had no infrastructure, no plants in Germany now we are world champion in export.but we lose very quick to china, they build now the newest infrastructures.For example German engineers build the first  high speed Transrapid train,but we don't use it because of money.the Chinese have the money and use these technologies and they don't need Germans to build this technologies…

the biggest problem for usa after the weak Dollar, is the infrastruktur,they are so old as the cable car and the golden gate bridge.and when you look in San Francisco to the cable chaos of electric, that's a standart like in Istanbul.infrastructure is more then highways and is very expencive and nobody from abroad want to invest in a weak dollar,this is like burning money !!!look to the exploit  immobile bubble, wich is like a earthquake for your the American investments banks.

06:12 AM Apr 18 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

oh,i have forgot the Russian,they are very clever,they let fight  the American for something ,i don't know really for what,freedom or oil.but i know the soldiers burn the nations money near Irak oil wells…meanwhile came the Russian oligarch mr wagit alekperow with lot of money and buy the famous getty petroleum usa companies with i think 1600 Petrol stations…money has for nothing respect…but don't be worry the russian, indian and chinese buy also companies in germany and england…

10:28 PM Apr 19 2008 |

Lian.Hanjin

China

I agree with aljensen &  spontan.

I think this is a long distance race, usa has his vantage, especially on military force.
Of course, usa will not use his military force directly on China, Russia or India.

But how to use his military force will be a key point.

If world war is not a choice, then I think usa will have to give up western europe's economy, and more care about himself.

IMHO, unlike usa,  western europe have no absolute  vantage in some field.
Of course,  western europe have pride & great culture. But no one will pay for other nation's pride, and everyone think his own nation's culture is great too.

Maybe usa will like nazi germany in some field, but I'm sure usa will not become nazi country.
Otherwise, it will be sadly, not only for american.

10:19 AM Apr 20 2008 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

yes lian in one field usa are like the nazi.The Nazi have had in october 1942 not enough soldiers so they recruite criminals who has been before not allowed to go in the army…they came in the 999th Africa brigade…

now usa recruit also criminals  the information is from new york times

The New York Times ran a lead editorial today suggesting that to keep its ranks full, the US military is digging more deeply into the available American labor pool than it perhaps should and has already issued more than 125,000 "moral waivers" to new enlistees.

The article suggests that in some cases, the military is putting weapons into the hands of serious criminals.

The editorial, in part, reads:

To keep filling the ranks, the Army has had to keep lowering its expectations. Diluting educational, aptitude and medical standards has not been enough. Nor have larger enlistment bonuses plugged the gap. So the Army has found itself recklessly expanding the granting of "moral waivers," which let people convicted of serious misdemeanors and even some felonies enlist in its ranks.

Last year, such waivers were granted to 8,129 men and women—or more than one out of every 10 new Army recruits. That number is up 65 percent since 2003, the year President Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq. In the last three years, more than 125,000 moral waivers have been granted by America's four military services.

06:37 PM Apr 24 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

The United States is probably more like Victorian England than Nazi Germany. We do bad things, but we do them for a reason – we are motivated by profit. Americans are pragmatic – we do things because they get results.

The Nazis weren't pragmatic at all – they killed the Jews, who at the time were some of the best educated and most loyal Germans, they allied themselves with the Italians (the Italians!), and they attacked the Russians, some of the best fighters on the face of the planet.

I read Albert Speer's autobiography, and one thing he said that I'll always remember, was "The Americans fought like businessmen." He goes on to say that we were slow, did not take advantage of tactical situations, were not brilliant fighters – but, we were methodical, did everything step-by-step, and did everything to minimize casualties while maximizing the number of Germans killed or captured. The Americans were economical in the way they fought the war.

08:45 PM Apr 24 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

I've thought of that many times myself. Maybe not nazi, but something of the sort. Who knows. It is a creepy thought that I hope never becomes true.

-—-

Proud Student of Open English 

09:40 PM Apr 24 2008 |