Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you believe in God?

Yuliashka

Yuliashka

Ukraine

i think everone asked themself : "Does God exist?" One say that -yes….another that no! What's your opinion about that? And if u believe in God in what God exactly do u belive!?

05:20 PM Apr 05 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Hope's

Belgium

Ryo…one by one or Blak will write a newspaper saying:this wrong,not right,false,,ect…BTW blak can u tell him if this world has an end or not…and the soul where it goes after death….Ryo,sorry i didn't know that u are a girl:)

09:30 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Alejandro81

Colombia

I believe, love and I'm proud of a God who made us free to be whatever we want to be

10:03 PM Apr 06 2008 |

Alejandro81

Colombia

"Except that it will supposedly send us to hell for an eternity of torment if we don't chose to be Christians- hell of a free choice that is."

that's just an idea that most or some christians don't agree today. The religion has the right to correct its points of view. Or do you think the science hasn't been never wrong in something throug its history?

12:22 AM Apr 07 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

for you information

in Qur'an god said that he may  forgive person fo every thing , except believing that god is more than one which means  worshipping  two or tree god . 

12:37 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Zach

Zach

Indonesia

friends, should you see space tonight, and imagine stars spread around there in billions. science said that they became from big bang, most of stars seen by us is stars ten years ago, and they move in harmony without hit against each other. are such phenomenon became suddenly? it just a little bit fragment that show the greatest hegemony. GOD. sorry it's only for our musing.     

03:04 AM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Blitz, have those miracles you speak of (people growing new arms or legs) happened anytime in the recent past?

I think science could indeed deny those events.

Even so, "unexplainable" does not equate to "supernatural"  

03:17 AM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

testimonies and hearsay are not really proof in my book.

03:46 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Alejandro81

Colombia

"Hah!  Are you serious? "most"?  Hardly.  Very few Christians disagree with that notion"

Don´t get my words out of its context at your convenience. I clearly said "most or some" 'cause i'm not sure about the proportion. That's a fault by you against the scientific rigour you praise so much, a fault wich make you hypocrite.

You attack the roots of the religion because it's more difficult to you to deal with our thinking of today. But wether you like it or not, our beliefs can have as many proceses of change as we consider suitable. If you like to live in the past, go continue fighting with Saul of Tarsus

04:34 AM Apr 07 2008 |

Alejandro81

Colombia

Blitz, i can find principles too in my faith, but there're things that are changing. For instance, the former pope gave other idea about the hell, not as a place but as a situation. A religion is a part of culture, and as that is dynamic, not static. I'm sure you don`t think if some one doesn't believe, then will be send to hell. That's because that idea is not a "principle" so it shouldn't be used as a reference about our faith

04:50 AM Apr 07 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Blitz…."witnesses" can also be fooled. Many prominent scientists and thinkers have been easily duped by magicians who claim supernatural powers. In fact, those types of witnesses are even easier to fool. Many witnesses have a deep desire to believe in the "miracle" and that too makes them easier to dupe. 

You are free to take these miracles and healings as proof of your faith, but  you can't use them as serious proof of a divine being.

10:43 AM Apr 07 2008 |