Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what's your image about china or chinese?

Océane

Océane

China

how many things do u all get to know a country?—-this country has one party,many people,old,....this is china.          i'd like to hear all kinds of imfos from u, especially not all the laudatory words,but the word from your heart,plz tell me the truth.

04:04 PM May 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

PMV

PMV

China

god bless all you guys..seems you are getting more and more close to my country…good for you!!!!

i do agree those weakness inside chinese poeple…selffish, no discipline..sort of..just like other pople all over the world, there cant be perfect in any country…coz it is an imperfect world we are in…but dont you really see many changes that our people, government is trying to do…and still so many problmes cant be solved as you imagine,,coz it is more complicated regarding the culture, the ideology,,also some historical issues….anyway, thanks for all these words about china…

03:15 PM May 20 2008 |

Sarah Zhu

Sarah Zhu

Australia

my friends and i always talk about why some westerners dispise us though us—students did nothing wrong in the world,but it's like when people like your country then they will like their people…...

Oceane, I grew up in a Western country, and I must say that Westerners do not "despise" us. I wager that the Chinese media has presented the wrong image of what Westerners are saying.

It is a cultural difference. In China to criticize is the same as to attack someone. Here that is not so much the case – the media criticizes the government so often it is just background noise.

Criticism is not the same as insulting someone.

09:02 PM May 23 2008 |

epicatin

epicatin

Nicaragua

Laughing As for me China is a interesting country to know, their culture is quite strange. Chineses always are inventing and finding out new technology that's why a lot of things are made by chinese people whose inventions are sold all around the world.

04:37 AM May 24 2008 |

dmzxb__1990520

Cocos (Keeling) Islands

I’m proud to be a chinese.China is a great country with long history .I love our motherland.I hope that more and more guest and friends from other country can visit China.The people of China will give you a great welcome.As a Chinese I want to tell foreign friends our people is kind and friendly.

03:35 PM Aug 09 2009 |

dmzxb__1990520

Cocos (Keeling) Islands

I'm proud to be a chinese.China is a great country with long history .I love our motherland.I hope that more and more guest and friends from other country can visit China.The people of China will give you a great welcome.As a Chinese I want to tell foreign friends our people is kind and friendly.

03:37 PM Aug 09 2009 |

ahkenhaton

ahkenhaton

Turkey

ni hao ma,, i know that; turkish and chinese live together in past .. they fight each other although we establish many brotherhood , i love chinese people and i interesed ancient cultures ….but then communist mao and followers did many bad works kill many of innocent poeple; like as univercity student …. and this goverment is not good working now ! not democratic not make people be freedoom …  zai jian!

07:26 AM Aug 11 2009 |

cupcakes

cupcakes

Malaysia

@Océane:

I am a Chinese myself.  But my citizenship is not china.  I was born in Malaysia, so as my father and mother.  

My father and mother love China, Chairman Mao, and they are proud of the country.   I myself adore Chinese culture and Chinese literature.  I used to love watching Chinese news/entertaining TV shows from China and love to hear their slang:)hehe

However, when I came to study oversea, I was so disappointed by some international students from China.  Their cunning characters disgust me and more often they value material more than morality.  There are also some very,very good students from China, but they are very few among all.  

These are my sincere words, I certainly do not wish to have prejudice against Chinese as I am a Chinese myself. Frown  

11:22 PM Aug 13 2009 |

nonaaa-000

nonaaa-000

Saudi Arabia

hi

iam from saudi arabia

i really love chainess people

i have chainess friends they are soo kind

soo pure

12:37 AM Aug 14 2009 |

Bienvenue_SU

China

I don't care about other people's image of China.

08:04 AM Aug 18 2009 |