Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

May God bless U Chinese Friends

naar04

Pakistan

The devastating earthquake which effected sichuan province of China has caused unbearable casulities to people. Let us try to minimize their sorrow by sharing their woes. I live in Pakistan and we saw a major earthquake. I can understand what it means for the effected people. May God bless YOU and Protect you from any calamities. I am also posting this new for my chinese shia. Thank God she survived such a calamity. May her whole family and kith and kin be safe. Amen
Offer your condolences and PRAY for ALL the SURVIVORS.

06:49 PM May 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

DORIS LIOU

China

CHINA IS A GREAT COUNTRY.AND CHINESE ARE UNITED.THOUGH EARTHQUAKE IS A SAD THING BUT WE MUST GROW UP THOUGH THIS EVENT.I BELIEVE CHINA WILL WIN,CHINESE ARMY IS BRAVE ,COME ON SICHUAN,COME ON CHINA  

02:05 PM May 20 2008 |

N.Jack

N.Jack

China

thank you ,all of you .i think at that moment people around the world are from Sichuan and we live together, thank you for your praying again.

02:32 PM May 20 2008 |

N.Jack

N.Jack

China

thank you, all of you who caring about people in Sichuan, we have lost some relatives,but get many more friends around the world . I see the real love from every conner on the earth, the earthquake make us united ,so we be . I show my respect to those brave people ,soldiers…God bless China!

02:40 PM May 20 2008 |

yueyuezhu

yueyuezhu

China

That was really a tragetical moment. All lives, in a sudden, without any thoughts of reculence or willingness, we were pushed to face the horrible disaster. I remember very clear, that day, I was just from outside shopping with a dark red sandals.with my half finished blog, preparing to continue after back in my classroom, that moment, fact saw all classmates poured out of classrooms and rushed outside open ground. I, amazed, seeing more and more gathered on the space in the street, maked phonecalls, talked and more. I lacked of acute sense of earthquake, until later someone threw light upon the earthquake.

03:03 PM May 20 2008 |

yueyuezhu

yueyuezhu

China

I am not at the core of earthquake, I am in shijiazhuang which pretty near our capital beijing. I do not know, actually I havenot experienced any horrible that day as really the scene just a false alarm to us in shijiazhuang. But how about my offspring of same parente? What a horrible scaring tragetical disaster, just like a thunder and lightning in a always sunny day. God!
Life is such a fragile!
Baby, let us unite let us pray, let us move on, nothing is impossible to a willing heart, to a united nation.
加油,四川!加油,中国!

03:20 PM May 20 2008 |

endless_2007

Hungary

When the rescuers found her, she was already dead. She was kneeling, her body bent forwards, her two hands were on the ground – propping up her body; it was almost like she was praying, except her body was bent out of shape.

Just as the rescue team was about to leave, someone suddenly yelled "Come back!" They returned to her corpse, someone reached out a hand under her body. They rummaged for a while, and then shouted. "There's someone there. A child! It's still alive!"

Carefully, they cleared the rubble around her, and retrieved the child beneath her body. He was wrapped in a red blanket, covered with yellow flowers, only 3, 4 months of age. He was completely unhurt, protected under his mother's body. And when they took him out, he was slumbering peacefully.

A doctor unraveled the blanket to examine the child, and found a mobile phone. He glanced at it absent-mindedly, noticing the screen bore a short message. Tears ran down his cheeks as he read.

"My dear child, if you survive, always remember that I love you."

I am so sorry… :( 

09:40 PM May 20 2008 |

tear in the water

China

let's pray for the people who died in this accident

china will have a good future,i believe

02:51 AM May 21 2008 |

sky20082008

Colombia

I hope that all the unforturne be away from people ,

03:40 AM May 21 2008 |

lingmin

lingmin

China

With all of your care, we believe that we will rebuild our home. This is not only the earthquake, it brings more stuff to us to think about…..........

I am so sad….. but we should have courage to manage it, let us hold the hands, to do what we can do…....

03:40 AM May 21 2008 |

yangli3586099

China

There were so many innocent people lose thire life in that horrible nightmaire.All people in the world deep in sad.Our Chinese unit immediatly and do our best to help the unfortuanatly people.Everytime when i looked the faces with tears,i cann't control my tears.Especially  those children who lose their parents.

There are so many tounchthing things happened in the earthquack.It let us kown that the love is so great.

God bless sichuan,God bless CHina!

03:43 AM May 21 2008 |