Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Will you correct them?

joyce0925

joyce0925

Taiwan

In here we have people from different country. Many people are here to practice English.

Will you correct someone's sentance or word if you are sure that it is in a wrong grammar ( or spelling)?

Well, I hope someone can correct me if I use wrong grammar or spelling. .......Otherwise I would not get improve on my English.

09:37 AM May 19 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

Actually I hope so, but unfortunately nobody correct my words or sentence in various topics..so I think my grammar is still like before I came to this site. Specially in LIFE TALK..we just build 'debate forum' , not correction for wrong words or sentences..Frown

10:19 AM May 19 2008 |

steppe

steppe

Viet Nam

No "in" before "here"; Countries (you should use plural form),and "improvement" because it's a noun.

And you made a mistake in spelling : sentence, not sentance

Many people, also native English sometimes make some mistakes in using grammar or spelling. So, don't worry! Step up, keep practising English and you will be successful!

10:23 AM May 19 2008 |

steppe

steppe

Viet Nam

They don't mention correcting other people's mistakes. If you always afraid of using wrong grammar, you will never be able to speak naturally. I know this lesson, but I'm trying, I'm a bit shy now.

10:29 AM May 19 2008 |

Pavlionka

Pavlionka

Belarus

Popi, you're too self-critical Laughing Even I see that your English has improved a lot (I've been meeting you from time to time on different forum-threads here only for 2 months)! 

2 all, I think, that correcting each other is more appropriate in "Ask English" than in "Life Talk". You see, here we kinda give our opinion on different serious and not very serious topics… And sometimes conversations are too hot to watch your grammar or spelling Wink As for me, I even feel here more relaxed, I mean this "fear" of wrong grammar. (So don't even try to correct this post Cool)  

10:50 AM May 19 2008 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

STEPPE..thanks if U can give corecction for my sentences.. (please correct my grammar which one is right or wrong?)

PAV..really about my english? but I feel same before and after, but I just can write comment faster than before. I used to think so long if I wanted to put comment in various topics.. Frown

12:17 PM May 19 2008 |