Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Ota Benga: The African Native Put Into a Cage

birgül1

Turkey

After Darwin advanced the claim with his book The Descent of Man that man evolved from ape-like living beings, he started to seek fossils to support this contention. However, some evolutionists believed that "half-man half-ape" creatures were to be found not only in the fossil record, but also alive in various parts of the world. In the early 20th century, these pursuits for "living transitional links" led to unfortunate incidents, one of the cruellest of which is the story of a Pygmy by the name of Ota Benga.

OTA BENGA: "The pygmy in the zoo" Ota Benga was captured in 1904 by an evolutionist researcher in the Congo. In his own tongue, his name meant "friend". He had a wife and two children. Chained and caged like an animal, he was taken to the USA where evolutionist scientists displayed him to the public in the St Louis World Fair along with other ape species and introduced him as "the closest transitional link to man". Two years later, they took him to the Bronx Zoo in New York and there they exhibited him under the denomination of "ancient ancestors of man" along with a few chimpanzees, a gorilla named Dinah, and an orang-utan called Dohung. Dr William T. Hornaday, the zoo's evolutionist director gave long speeches on how proud he was to have this exceptional "transitional form" in his zoo and treated caged Ota Benga as if he were an ordinary animal. Unable to bear the treatment he was subjected to, Ota Benga eventually committed suicide.68

Piltdown Man, Nebraska Man, Ota Benga… These scandals demonstrate that evolutionist scientists do not hesitate to employ any kind of unscientific method to prove their theory. Bearing this point in mind, when we look at the other so-called evidence of the "human evolution" myth, we confront a similar situation. Here there are a fictional story and an army of volunteers ready to try everything

OTA BENGA: "The pygmy in the zoo"

01:07 PM May 24 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

birgül1

Turkey

Hekmer,

you are a great friend,really.

I feel happy myself,for finding a great brother.

I wish,Allah protects you everywhee and everytime.amin.

08:17 PM May 30 2008 |

birgül1

Turkey

Where is Allah?The question word “where” can be asked for the things that have a space. These are material things. Just as space is matter, those, which have a space in it, are also matter. Something like this is out of question about Allah (SWT), Whose one of the names is Noor (Heavenly Light) and, Who created the space and the matter. Moreover, among creatures are those, which do not exist in space at all. The closest example of this is our own soul.

Our organs have spaces. Hence, it is possible to ask questions such as “Where is lung?” or “Where is kidney?” However, we cannot ask such questions about the soul, about its functions and feelings. For example, we cannot ask questions such as “Where is soul? Where does mind inhabit? Where are the spaces of love, fear, memory?

Instead of taking his body as a criterion, which is material and bound up with space, if man thinks about the realm of souls, angels and the laws in effect in nature all of which are to some extent independent of space there would be no need for such a question.

10:12 PM Jun 01 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

AND FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE : THAT MAN WHO WAS ATHEIST CONVERTED TO ISLAM IN ORDER OF IMAM'S WISE WITH HIS KNOWLEDGE

Oh to Experience god a person has to convert to islam??

My question would be – does god opereat in such a manner that he rewards only people who follow a perticular religion?

According to my way of life i.e. hinduism,  a person is rewarded based on the deed he does in his life on the earth. It doesn't matter weather he worships different form of god or no god at all(an athist). There is only one god, and human's call it in different ways and worship god in different ways too.

04:21 AM Jun 02 2008 |