Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

21 cliches that say what they mean...and mean what they say.

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

1. Just be yourself.

2. If "yourself" is not a morning person, wake up and drink the coffee. Everything else can f-ing wait.

3. This too shall pass. Hangovers, heartache, blackheads, and bad haircuts -time heals all. Except for a UTI. That misery-fest demands antibiotics, pronto.

4.When in doubt, throw it out. Apply this first rule of fridge cleanup to anything you're not sure you need anymore -the little black dress that fits a much littler you, crushed tampons in purse pockets, the hot-but-boring boyfriend.

5. Life's a bitch. But aren't we all sometimes?

6. Maybe she got promoted before you or looks better in skinny jeans. But maybe you have more friends and bigger boobs. So why compare? Another woman's success is not a measure of your failure.

7.Separate the men from the boys. Hint from a friend of mine: The men are the ones who make you orgasm and pancakes.

8. Open your heart. The scary stuff that makes you vulnerable is the good stuff.

9. If the shoe fits, buy it. When it comes to a sale in the footwear departmnet, she who hesitates is lost.

10. Make out like a bandit. Life is too short to go unsexed.

11. You'll know it (the right job, man for you) when you see it…and who says you have to explain it to others who don't?

12.A leopard can't change its spots. Nor can an ex-love unbreak your heart when you give him a second chance. Or a third. Or a fourth.

13. Absence makes the heart grow fonder – and the libido grow stronger.

14. Love what you do and do who you love. Even if he never takes out the recycling.

15. Show me the money. More often than not, you have to ask for it. Subtlety doesn't pay the rent – or earn your boss' respect.

16. Fake it till you make it. Hey, it worked for George W.

17. Save the drama for your mama. Complaining, whining, making excuses – all unattractive and boring to anyone who's not you. Nobody said it would be easy.

18. Just do it. Those lifetime goals don't just happen. It's all about the baby steps, baby.

19. You are what you eat. Nature's reminder: asparagus' pee.

20. Everything in moderation. And when you forget that: Liquor before beer, you're in the clear.

21. Love many, trust few, but always paddle your own canoe. Unless, of course, you're up a creek without a paddle. In which case, you're totally screwed.

06:10 PM May 26 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

Hahahaha! You make me laugh with your philosophy, hahaha!

That´s really cool, number 13th is an absolutely true, hahaha

06:26 PM May 26 2008 |

LearnSmart

Venezuela

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I couldn't agree more with sawdestination.! #13 is the best!

Thanx for sharing that!

--

Learn English 

06:53 PM May 26 2008 |

monatta

monatta

Saudi Arabia

Laughing

08:18 PM May 26 2008 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Is there a problem if i ask you where you get that list of cliches???

10:32 PM May 26 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Jane,I’m now waiting for the chance to join your Jane’ism 101 class.=)
#7 is the best one.please teach me the orgasm and pancakes method.I’d pay for whatever price.=)

12:12 AM May 27 2008 |

Jane Doe

Jane Doe

Indonesia

eh I guess you'll find it everywhere and everyday Sawdestination…

those are the things that happen in real life..don't you think? I had an experience about the cheating ex bf though ;)

Mike: I haven't experienced it so I cant be your guru :D

12:35 AM May 27 2008 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Jane,why?I think the one who knows the whereabouts of women’s g-spots are the women themself.isn’t it?=)
mark – I didn’t quite remember about how the film goes but I hope it’d be a great contribution to my kamasutra collection.=)thanks for sharing it.

05:07 AM May 27 2008 |