Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

"America"

milarpita

milarpita

Germany

"Yes America is gigantic, but a gigantic mistake"

Told by Sigmund Freud (1988)

how does it grab you? I don think so.

Regards

Milan

www.speakeasylkme.blogspot.com 

08:31 AM Aug 04 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

just---girl

Saudi Arabia

yeah America is gigantic

I love American people so0o0 much Smile

but I dislike America's Politics

02:55 PM Aug 04 2008 |

milarpita

milarpita

Germany

May I know that what's wrong with the POLITICS of America?

05:45 PM Aug 04 2008 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Sigmeund Freud is not the best judge of anything, although he certainly set himself up to be so. I prefer his students, such as Otto Rank. Has anyone read Anais Nin? A brilliant writer.

US produces wonderful individuals but terrible politics,  because our culture is so centered on individual action, it works on a microcosmic level (the individual) but is terrible on a global level. 

06:08 PM Aug 04 2008 |

just---girl

Saudi Arabia

hi my dear

as i said I love America and American people

but I dislike America's Politics because as we see it caused many wars :( 

10:31 PM Aug 04 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

which wars?   (please not, I'm not saying you're wrong, I just want some clarification)

03:47 AM Aug 05 2008 |

alican1640

alican1640

Turkey

hi my dear for examples;

Vietnam, Iraq, Kuwait etc…

I think this is enough for to be pool of blood in the world.

08:21 AM Aug 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I think you could argue that the leadership of Iraq (you remember that guy, don't you?) had something to do with the First Gulf War by invading Kuwait. 

The United Nations and the governments of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Morocco, Pakistan, Oman, the UAE, Qatar,and Afghanistan would agree.

12:39 PM Aug 05 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

I dig the B-52s too, Hakimi. They released their first album during my last summer before college and I still love it. 

12:41 PM Aug 05 2008 |

Prelude94

China

Politician comes from people especially in democratic America. They are elected whose acts are supported by ther voters. Otherwise, unpopular politician may be dismissed through election.

So, Politician is an agent for their fellow American that causes many wars and killings.

02:08 PM Aug 05 2008 |

United States

America is a great country.  But I think the problems with its politics not only due to wars, BUT ALSO  the election system. That is more terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!Candidates can use money to buy votes! and it is legal!  Is it fair
? Of course not.  NOT ALL THE RICH PEOPLE CAN BE A AWESOME LEADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03:46 PM Aug 05 2008 |