Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

do you believe in god

karam/

karam/

Syrian Arab Republic

do you think that god is exist?.......why do u think that?

be open mind  and let us share our thoughts about this complex subject.

09:22 AM Sep 10 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

it's nice thing to know that your existence is not in vain ,and you have purpose in this life which is worshiping him only

I think it portrays a very vain and egotistical god who would create an entire universe and intelligent, self aware creatures like men only to have them worship it.  

add psychotic levels of jealousy and you've got a real nutcase here.

06:04 PM Sep 14 2008 |

manar222

manar222

Egypt

qkisseberth

Although I didn't find half of your speech in the dictionary and I think nobody understood you ,I love to tell you that life without worshiping is in vain

Try to choose easier words if you want to comment on again

10:36 PM Sep 14 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

qkisseberth

Although I didn't find half of your speech in the dictionary and I think nobody understood you ,I love to tell you that life without worshiping is in vain

Try to choose easier words if you want to comment on again

Sorry sir: if there are some vocabulary words you need help with, please ask. Here are a couple of very good online dictionaries that might help also. 

http://dictionary.cambridge.org

http://www.pearsonlongman.com/dictionaries/

Anyway, what I was trying to say was that a god whose only purpose for his creations was to worship him seems like a very selfish god, and possibly insane.

11:58 PM Sep 14 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

God-" Behold me, I am god, if you don;t pray me i will curse you, If you don;t go to church/temple/mosque I will banish you…........"

Now is this GOD????? Certainly not…

GOD is energy. GOD is inside you outside you. and every where…

Judgement day is not a thing i believe in.

03:37 AM Sep 15 2008 |

todra

todra

Western Sahara

God is not in need to me or you to declare His Existence, or He is waiting me or you to thank Him. 

I thank the Almighty God, the most gracious, the most mercyful because His Blessings upon me are unlimitted. no one can count God's Blessings. did you ever think about one of the great blessings you pocess,'Breathing' !!! 

the facts of God's existence are more than the light of the Sun. Not the eyes which are blind from the reality but the hearts. Evil is the result of what happens when Man does not have God's love present in his heart, it's like the cold that comes when there is no heat or the darkness that comes when there is no light. 

I appreciate an attitude of some people who find themselves in delimma how to know God. you know, just think about who is behind the exact system of the universe! who is behind all the creatures upon this earth! who is behind the beauty of the heavnens! we can feel God by observing and meditating in the greatness of His Creation!If there won't be a Judgement day, so, what's the secret behind our creation !  

here are some valuable phrases: 

"Allah/God gave you this world so that you may seek the Hereafter with it, not for you to desire it."

"Knowledge raises the low, but ignorance brings down the mighty." 

"The most auspicious knowledge is that which awakens respect for and fear of Allah/God" 

"Those who belittle and mock His servants do not know God. Those who love the Creator also love those formed by His artistry."     Aisha (ra) 

"true Believers are like pearls. Wherever they may be, they are beautiful there" 

"If you are not content with Allah/God, can you expect Him to be content with you?" 

"The most ignorant person is one who sells the Hereafter for another's world." 

"God does not look at your forms and possessions, but He looks at your hearts and your deeds."    The Prophet Mohammed (may God bless him and grant him peace) 

"The best of faith: To know that wherever you may be, Allah/God is with you."     The Prophet Mohammed (may God bless him and grant him peace)  

"He Who created the eye of the mosquito is the One Who created the sun." 

"The revival of religion is the revival of the nation. The life of religion is the light of life." 

"True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness."    Einstein 

It's impossible for a true Muslim believer to have a bigoted approach towards the others, that's to say, every opinion is respected because every one is responsible for his own.

Hassan 

02:11 PM Sep 15 2008 |

manar222

manar222

Egypt

Qkisseberth  if you think that god is selfish so you are also selfish because you want from god to helps you and feeds you and gives you everything without thanking him at least, what a selfish person you are ,for all disbelievers just coz god ask you to worship him ,you said that he is bad ,what ungrateful persons you are????

09:32 PM Sep 15 2008 |

manar222

manar222

Egypt

God-" Behold me, I am god, if you don;t pray me i will curse you, If you don;t go to church/temple/mosque I will banish you…........"

Now is this GOD????? Certainly not…

You are liar ,god doesn't say such a thing ,you are the one who invent this thing ,please don't invent something from your mind ,if you don't believe in god say I don't believe ,and respect others who believe in

09:42 PM Sep 15 2008 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Qkisseberth  

it's gkisseberth, not Q (my first name is Gregory, so you can use that if you prefer)

if you think that god is selfish so you are also selfish because you want from god to helps you and feeds you and gives you everything without thanking him at least, what a selfish person you are ,for all disbelievers just coz god ask you to worship him ,you said that he is bad ,what ungrateful persons you are????

Well, first, I didn't say that god is selfish, only saying that he only created man with one purpose makes him seem very selfish. I don't believe in gods, so I can't really have opinions about how they are only how they seem to be according to the statments of their worshipers or their various books. I certainly don't ask for anything from your god or any others. Yes if you think I do get everything from some god, then I suppose by not worshiping as commanded I am being selfish or ungrateful. So be it. 

09:51 PM Sep 15 2008 |

lady of virtues

Saudi Arabia

yes i do ..Allah is the creator of this Earth ..

always ask ur self why we r here ..who creat this earth ..

u will find that Allah is ur Creator …plz ppl worship the one Who crete u to live in happiness …

11:31 PM Sep 15 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

@manar22

Did I ever say that i don;t believe in god?. I don't believe in "religious" versions of god. Most "religious" book say the same thing, "god is to be feared". "pray god 5 times a day or else you will get punishment" etc…..

"You are a liar"

You are reacting as if god told me that he is a lier!!!!!!!!

I suggest you to read about "metaphors" and "sarcastic" statements

03:43 AM Sep 16 2008 |