Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What is your opinion about lie?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Would you please tell me what your opinion is about lie?Is there any big lie or pink lie?Or lie is lie?And what do you do, one says lie to you,what if he-she is your partner,your close friend,your relative or parent?

I wait for your comments about this subject.Be happy and healthy. Zeus:)

07:01 PM Feb 09 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Risetzu

Risetzu

Mexico

Lie- not tellin' the truth

Lying: a survival way of doin' the most amazin, crasiest, scariest thing without being hurt.

Moreover, lying is sometimes useful when u don't wanna hurt somebody; we have the typical lie to a kid: "Son, your turtle has dug deeper and deeper and it's finally found a way to go out to the beach… sorry". Parents do that cuz they don't wanna hurt its little baby. Lies has also being used in Jesus Christ's times, when the romanians said he was a traitor of God, and there is when lies can be used in the worst worst place: Politics. The mother of lies.

I think lies where invented when the Neanderthal developed that hioides bone, i bet his first lie was "i didn't eat your rat" or somethin' like that.

01:28 AM Mar 06 2007 |

StanLey

StanLey

China

yes, I hate lies, but I found I am involved. Having no choice, I have to play  the way some others play on Me . 

08:50 AM Mar 11 2007 |

gogona

gogona

Russian Federation

yes, i agree with you- it`s truth that we can understand any lie when we `ll know a reason of that lie. but it only sometimes, not ever. if somebody will often lie to me, yet i couldn`t  believe him/her

11:04 AM Mar 11 2007 |

rooia

rooia

Iraq

Hi ,zeus ur subjects are always intersting ,lie is lie ,i dont believe pink lies ,we must get rid of it ,however people do it much sepecially in chatting ,u know iam rigistering on many sites iam alawys telling the truth as if they know me but i see how people tell lie ,and iam avoiding chatting bec they tell lie ,sorry not everyone but there r .

so lets be honest ,and tell the truth

thank u zues  

09:52 AM Mar 12 2007 |

cancerh236

cancerh236

Viet Nam

How about the white lie? I think we did,are doing and will do it in all our life.

I hate myseft whenever i do it. But you think i have to?

i know we have another choice but we still think we only have one way.

I think im a bad guy maybe not for others but for myseft.

you know all i mean.

bye all

09:55 AM Mar 12 2007 |

qonly4cq

qonly4cq

China

it is necessary to tell lies,that’s ture.but actually i don’t like my friends lying to me,and i think there should have no disance between us.

01:17 PM Mar 12 2007 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your answers about this subject.But,I'm confused,some friends tell lie is necessary for some situation,some friends tell lie is lie it means nobody should tell lie.Which one is valid in our life?Is there anyone who hadn't told any lie in his/her life? Is there anyone who always tell just truth?We are human because of that sometimes we may lie.I can imagine,someone will tell me ''yes I didn't lie anytime in my life''.May be,but that person firstly should think before this answer!!!!! 

Thanks again.Be happy and healthy till next time.Take care BYE :)

09:50 PM Mar 12 2007 |

friend4ever

United Arab Emirates

in my opinion a human should not lie, if they try once then they will try again and again, so dont lie otherwise no one will trust you.

08:09 AM Mar 13 2007 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Daisy,

But you told at beginng of your words lie was lie.I guess all of them are lies.There is no any good or bad lie,there is just lie.Take care.Zeus :)

06:18 PM Mar 14 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

I hat lie but sometimes we need a white lie despite even it will make embarrassed too.

05:34 AM Mar 19 2007 |