Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

which language is the most difficult?

diansantoso

Indonesia

which language is the most difficult?

10:58 AM Oct 25 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lovelylily2005

China

I agree with most of you that Chinese is very difficult for foreigners to learn. And there is another problem about it that is the acient chinese language is very different from the present one .For me ,although I have learnt Chinese since I was born ,I still have to look up dictionary when I read because there is still some characters I don't know. The particular point between Chinese and other languages ,like English,France is that it is hieroglyphic,so it is not composed of letters.Tongue out

08:21 AM Mar 23 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

chinese and arabic

04:15 PM Mar 23 2009 |

Jourly

Mexico

I think the most difficult language is chinese.

05:35 PM Mar 23 2009 |

91patii

91patii

Poland

chinese and arabic :pp

05:36 PM Mar 23 2009 |

ssofia

ssofia

Finland

Finnish! 

It's my mother language and still I find it pretty hard sometimes :D I've always respected those who even try to learn it, not to mention the ones who actually learn it. Crazy 

07:57 PM Mar 23 2009 |

sentinel2008

Peru

Well my opinion is any language is easy to learn:

see the facts:

1.You have to like it (is the most important)
2.You must search a coursebook and learn the basics (verbs, pronouns like english > i, you, they ,we ….) then grettings.
3.If is chinese (traditional of simplificate),  you must search spellcheckers for learn and language pack for write in your computer. Because chinese have many symbols ( + 20000) but you have to learn about 2000 i think.And remember practice constantly because there are many symbols or ideograms.
4.If is arabic, russian, japanese and other that the vocabulary are short you must practice constantly and finally you can write but you have realized one important step. Now lack speak and know many vocabulary. Always search relate to something.
5.You must have a good memory and practice constantly (if you seems difficult)
6.When you have learned and you are sure learn enough for talk -
-> Search for friends with you can practice and it's all i think.

My history: I'm native speaker of spanish.I have learned english about 7 years in my school (only basic i think) then i leave of study english because i had to sign to my university (4 1/2 years without practice english) Since I registered in ebaby my english could improve so much. I never studied english in some institute or academy and i don't think study there. only  i need study when i have passed a exam and i can study advanced level and finally get my diploma in advanced english only. I know japanese alphabet since year 2000  and i don't forget nothing (only i know hiragana and katakana) i don't like kanji but in the future i have to learn. But i have all the tools for learn any language :D and i'm learning finnish and hungarian. Hungarian isn't so difficult, some people say that because hungarin use -> ´´ ö őű ü and accent like spanish :D

if you don' have tools for learn a language you can say or you don't like: chinese is difficult, then arabic, then spanish (because have a many ways to say a word) and use "ñ,then hungarian.

this is a picture of all languages installed in my pc and my pc isn't slow :D

this is a picture of my microsoft word with chinese tools, japanese and arabic

And another languages installed in my ms word (about 50 languages) :D

Finnish

Turkish

Hungarian

Vietnamese

Ukrainian

Thai

Swedish

Slovakian

Russian