Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How to download youtube.....

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

I would like to download youtube and convert it to save into my ipod, but I dont know how to.

any one here can help me?

12:01 AM Dec 15 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Huyen

Huyen

Viet Nam

Hi Lini! Please go to this website http://www.savetube.com/ to save the YouTube video you like. Just paste the URL of the video into the box and click Go. Unfortunately, I don't know how to convert files to save into Ipod.

02:33 AM Dec 15 2008 |

Lini

Lini

Indonesia

Thanks Huyen

But after saving it in my comp I cant open the file. I check the type of file on properties but it doesn't appear

06:02 AM Dec 15 2008 |

Lancia

Lancia

China

thank you .Smile

09:30 AM Dec 15 2008 |

Nasim

Nasim

India

Why instead of searching on google are you asking here? There are loads of ways but actually I cant remember asH never use youtube. But if you can download the file I can tell you what to do. The video on youtube is in flash video format(.flv). You can play or convert it into other formats including the one for ipod. There are many converters available. But I will recommend you to use SUPER converter from www.erightsoft.com

01:51 PM Dec 15 2008 |

Huyen

Huyen

Viet Nam

Hello Lini! I hope you have succeeded in saving files into your Ipod with the help of our friends here. :) If you still want to know how to open files downloaded from YouTube using the site I recommended, please change the file extension into .flv. It will work, I think.

02:21 PM Dec 16 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

thanks to all…and thank you Lini for asking the questionCool

04:40 PM Dec 16 2008 |

nad1a

nad1a

Greece

I use REal Player to download youtube videos.

In fact, when you have the latest version of realplayer installed on your computer, all features included, anytime you move your mouse over a youtube video , a "Download-this-video" button pops up and when you click on it, it automatically downloads the video to your Real Player Library.This saves the file in an .flv format.

Converting it is a totally different issue. You need something like an flv converter. try to google something like "flv to ipod converter". I am sure you may find some freeware out there.

This Real Player download function works with streaming audio too and saves files in mp3 format.

12:01 PM Dec 17 2008 |

Nikos

Nikos

Greece

VLC is another option, it works with .flv files (youtube videos)

09:02 AM Dec 19 2008 |