Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Peace in Gaza: Stop the Hamas rocket fire!

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Over 7000 rockets from the Hamas-controlled Gaza strip have been fired at Israeli town over the last 3 years. If there is to be peace in Gaza, Hamas should be stopped and disarmed.

Hamas, instead of spending money to rebuild Gaza's infastructure, provide medicine and food for the citizens of Gaza, has chosen instead to spend millions on rockets to provoke Israel into a military conflict that has increased the suffering of the people in the region.

Hamas is a brutal terrorist group that has drawn the people of Gaza into a bloody conflict that no one wanted.

Some  statistics:

An example of the media's coverage on the rockets throughout the years:

02:22 AM Jan 11 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sofiene

sofiene

Tunisia

The IDF fight to defend the country that they've built up out of nothing

Zionists stole the land of palestinians and built their state on it with the help of Britain.

Britain had occupied palestine and gave it to the zionists before she left.

Islamic fundamentalist want similar things, to bring humanity back 1 thousand year into te dark ages

Can you support your argument by giving one single example?

never will succeed

That is what you think and hope.

And here is a piece of advice for you fabs1:

There are two kinds of people:

1- people who are always searching for the truth. They dig everywhere looking for information that lead them to the truth.

2- people that have a predetermined goal or idea and they are always looking for arguments to support it whether the idea is true or false.

Fabs1, you might have been educated in a zionist school and by zionist scholars. Even if this is true, you should give a try and revise all of your ideas carefully trying to be one of the first kind of people that I mentioned above.

Good luck!

10:54 AM Jan 22 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

this fabs still lie…..he can't be sick of lie yet…...

the only country built in and use religion is israel and still deny….the only country built on the shoulders of exrimists who like bloodshed as they like the life for themselfs….

the only country which commited a lot of horrible massacres against poor farmers palstinene under the name of religon and God want this land for them!!!!!!!

realy no one is perfect in lie and twist facts like jews…...

they anounce for world cease fire though their militant boats still bombing the shore of Gaza to make Hamas reply them then they cried they broke the truce…...

what a sly malcious nation!!!!!.......

11:04 AM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Zionists stole the land of palestinians and built their state on it with the help of Britain.

Britain had occupied palestine and gave it to the zionists before she left."

WRONG. Do you people learn history at all? Or do they just ignora some parts? The UK couldn't solve the conflict between Arabs and Jews, so they handed it over to the UN. The UN voted to share it between Jews and Arabs. TH Arabs rejected it, and led a war in 1948 to stop the  creation of Israel.

01:35 PM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"Can you support your argument by giving one single example?"

Sure: stoning for adulteres, throwing off cliffs for homosexual, restrictions on writing if its considered blasphemy by some people, reduction of rights of non-Muslims to dhimmi status… Need I go on?

01:36 PM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"1- people who are always searching for the truth. They dig everywhere looking for information that lead them to the truth.

2- people that have a predetermined goal or idea and they are always looking for arguments to support it whether the idea is true or false."

Here's an idea. Use the same advice for yourself.

I've kept my mind open and thoroughly researched the conlflict, and believe that Israel is in their right.  Just because it isn't the 'truth' that you want, doesn't make it any less the truth.

"Fabs1, you might have been educated in a zionist school and by zionist scholars. Even if this is true, you should give a try and revise all of your ideas carefully trying to be one of the first kind of people that I mentioned above."

To be honest, its a bit arrogant to assume that te person that doesn't agree with you must be brainwashed it some way.  I've given my arguments, if you refuse to read and keep your mind clesed, that's your problem. How someone from an Arab country can call ME brainwashed or influenced by propaganda I don't know, especially given in the West we have a media that portrays every side. Good luck, because you're going to need t.

01:40 PM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"realy no one is perfect in lie and twist facts like jews…..."

Haven't you realized that nobody really listens to little hateful loser like you anymore?

01:41 PM Jan 22 2009 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

it is enough for ur great lie is the subject of ur topic and ur boats bomobing today….who is fireing?

Damn lair!!!...

btw, who lie will enter hellfire-this is to learn u something wrong if they didn't teach it to u and i think they not-

02:02 PM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

Every single thing the Israelishave ever done is in reaction to aggression by people like you. Every TIME.

I haven't heard any such thing about what you're talking about,

It's likely that the story was made up. But you believe anything.

05:51 PM Jan 22 2009 |

Fadi A. Saif

Yemen

fabs1 and everyone else,

Israel, palestine…palestine, Israel…  I got the impression that noone of you is willing to give up, it is good to stick to ur guns, but this whole debate was all like MESS, REPEATED, REPEATED, REPEATED… IF U WANT TO DEBATE, COLLECT EVIDENCE AND THEN COME HERE AND SPIT OUT YOUR OPINIONS. I am totally against anyone who "HATES" others bcoz of being different, and in the case of THE ISRAELI ASSAULT TO GAZA STRIP, I am all against Israel, not because I am muslim and they are not, but because what they have done in the entire lands.

fabs1 you were saying that the arabic media don't shaw the other side of the story, this may be true, but have you heard your media and journalism. I guess not. otherwise, u wouldn't have said that. the whole story is that Israeli army has committed war crimes in Gaza and here's a LINK from the sunday times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article5556027.ece

I left it to be a both side story to give you the right to judge. just in case u haven't read that.

08:35 PM Jan 22 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

"I got the impression that noone of you is willing to give up"

You got that right. 

"IF U WANT TO DEBATE, COLLECT EVIDENCE AND THEN COME HERE AND SPIT OUT YOUR OPINIONS."

If you read most of my posts, you'd realize that's what I've been doing. Now that you stumble on the page where I'm deciding not to while talking to someone who doesn't get it anyway, you think you've got it al figured out. How about you reserve some of that tough criticis,m for the other people, like osesame, who don't disagree with you?

"but have you heard your media and journalism."

You obviously don't read the BBC or the Guardian. Most of what the European media has done, has been criticisms of Israel's use of force. To their credit, they do their best to show both sides, both Palestinian suffering, and the attacks on Israel.

Well, by gving a link to the British Times, you've gotten my point.

04:02 AM Jan 23 2009 |