Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Graduate Students Went to Sell Pork,Then We?

Niuyear

Niuyear

China

My dear friends,what's your opinion about graduate students selling pork? support or oppose? 

In Nov.2008,about 1500 graduate students were competing for a job selling pork in a recruitment held by a food company in GuangZhou .Most of the students come from key universities and their professionals are various :such as bioscience ,art,business mangement,etc.After fierce competition cycles,35 members(including  three females) succeeded to get the job finanlly.They will have to work at least one year at the pork selling position from that now.

I felt surprised about such employment situation in our country,especially during the gobal financial crisis.Then, what job would we take in the next days? I will gratuate with a bachelor degree in June this year.I really don’t know what my futher would be?

06:13 AM Feb 05 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

When times are bad, a job is a job.  You take what you can get.  Selling food isn't the nicest job, but hopefully it is just temporary, and it is better than doing nothing.  

Also, pork  is delicious and therefore they might be able to get some for themselves easily.  

06:40 AM Feb 05 2009 |

Niuyear

Niuyear

China

Thanks for your advices!

Maybe i should try to accumulate working experience from other jobs if i could not find my ideal job.

07:38 AM Feb 05 2009 |

ambitious rody

Egypt

i think that most of the graduates rely completely on their certificates without getting additional skills,the issue that make them ordinary persons not distinguished so they find no good job

i think that every student must improve his skills to be perfect graduate who differs from others to get the job he wants

02:28 PM Feb 05 2009 |

Sawdestination

Mexico

Not everybody starts working in a good job. Sometimes you have to gain experience in jobs related with your career. The important thing is that you show you are a capable person.

Good luck and take care!

04:59 PM Feb 05 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

Your fear is Real,Even people who have been hired previously are not given "permanent" status

In this aspect India and China are alike. 

thousands of graduates apply for level E Govt Jobs. Level E jobs include spweepers cleaners chefs etc.

I heard there are 20 million job loss in China this year(2009), is this true?

05:12 PM Feb 05 2009 |

Niuyear

Niuyear

China

I have no idea about that large data,but there will be more than 6 million graduate students this year in China.And the  number of unemployed must be higher than former.

01:24 AM Feb 06 2009 |

zoytech

zoytech

Turkey

hi

11:04 AM Feb 07 2009 |