Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

what effect the financial crisis bring you?

free yang

free yang

China

For example , life ,job  ect.  

In Ebaby ,there are an ocean of friend who graduate right now or have already graduated.  I take the attitude that we should pay attention …

Are you going to do for postgraduate schools ?

Let's talk it.

07:54 AM Feb 12 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Sawdestination

Mexico

In my case I finished my career 5 years ago, so I´m working now. Fortunately, we still have job (I work in a company where marine platforms are built) at least for the next 7 months. In the zone, there are many companies which have the same activity as the company where I work. Some of them have closed or have changed of city searching for new projects to build.

Besides the price of metal has been extremely high, so many companies can not afford it and decides to close or reduce their number of workers. One of my best friends was fired a week ago because the company didn´t have another project to build. Some of my friends have traveled to another cities looking for well-paid jobs or at least for a job to earn their own money. 

10:49 PM Feb 12 2009 |

Chandler2006

China

It is really that bad?In China ,It affect some people.but not too bad.me?still the same,man,before the financial crisis,i was poor.now ,i'm still poor.so.it doesn't influence me a lot.i only know that i got to do the right thing in the future,to make me have a better life.

12:52 AM Feb 13 2009 |

pacaniux

Lithuania

in lithuania at the moment its really bad situation,because so many companires,factories was closed and  workers cant find any jobs over here..

so many peoples have traveled to another countries like (germany,ireland,spain.UK,SWEDEN,holand….)its same like me i have traveled in ireland because there its more easier find any job and there its bigger money than in lithuania,but probably i will back in lithuania in summer,but not for job or for my studies:)(sorry for my mistakes)

01:39 AM Feb 13 2009 |

Vit_dreamer

Russian Federation

In Russia everything is fine!
Our president has said about it three month ago.
It is joke, of course. But Medvedev has said. It is true.

11:06 AM Feb 13 2009 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Well, the economic crisis is now totally affecting our life, at least in my city, the southern part of China, where most of the companies, factories are involved with trading, or USA customers.

No layoff happened to our department since the past a dozen of years, and now 75% of my office ppl left. Some of them have been working more than 10 years, and they spent their best years here, but now they were forced to leave. It is not a complainment to our company, or the big boss. They have done everything they could, but no new orders can not support so many ppl.

To be honest, I am afraid of spend money, except food. I have to watch my pocket, this year would be a tough one. I am not a good thinker, and I could not figure out why it happened, and how it happened, and when it ended. My son asked me why American ppl overspent money and they affected others? I know lots of economists have been writting tons of articles to analyse this and that, but as a simple career woman, I just know that I need to do my best to do my job and spend less money in the coming 2 years at least.  My son starts to worry about that he could not get a job when he graduates from a college, actually there are still 2.5 years before he enters a colleage.

Good luck to everybody! Work hard if you still have a job, wait and catch any chances if you lose a job!

01:15 PM Feb 13 2009 |

free yang

free yang

China

answer sherrryleio

i study in a colleage which is in the northern part of china . but i always want to go to the southern (for example Guang Zhou)  i majoy in mechanician . i will graduate the next year .  Do you think it's positive?

Just a little advice……

04:08 PM Feb 13 2009 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

yes, there are huge budget cuts, team outings are getting cancelled, could get salary cut soon.

We all are living in uncertain times.

04:12 PM Feb 13 2009 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

To Free Yang,

I do not think it's a good idea for new graduates to come to the southern cities this year or next year. Just look at the reports on the job searching, even the graduates from the good colleges are only asking for salary like RMB2000. More and more companies and factories are laying off employees.  The economic situation will be more tough this year, and early next year. I know, the government is encouraging the graduates to start their own business if possible, and offering some good policies. Maybe you can try that.

Sure, it is totally my personal views.  You can get more information from elsewhere. Btw, I am now in Shenzhen.

Good luck.

10:38 AM Feb 14 2009 |

free yang

free yang

China

TO SHERRYLEIO 

Thanks a lot

Shen Zhen  ,I  like there

03:23 PM Feb 14 2009 |

free yang

free yang

China