Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

National Emblem and moto of your country

javamanju

javamanju

India

Please post the national emblem of your country(symbol in your passport) and also write a brief history and meaning of the emblem

07:14 PM Feb 14 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

javamanju

javamanju

India

Symbol:

This is taken from  Asoka Piller that was constructed in 500 BC. It consists of 4 lions standing back to back. It also has a wheel signifying "Dharma chakra " Wheel of dharma/wheel of Law. It signifies that Change is the only constant

MOTO:

Styameva jayate(सत्यमेव जयते) Meaning Truth alone trimphs

Indian national emblem

07:23 PM Feb 14 2009 |

gkisseberth

Germany

Truth alone triumphs

I like that a lot. 

07:56 PM Feb 14 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

Hmm.. Mostly Turkish ppl use Ottoman's for a symbol.

or Ataturk's pic :D

Ahaa.. Ppl say he is handsome :P Ok..Maybe..But i dont like blonde boys :) Men should be black or dark skinned :D

but ataturk is blonde and also have super blue eyes :)

Anway..! :))

Kurdish ppl use kurdish flag or something like map as an amblem (mostly)

08:55 PM Feb 14 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

:P ahaa there is my country :P:P

(( sure kidding..plss dont get me wronge :P Arabs n Turkishes)))

08:57 PM Feb 14 2009 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

E Pluribus Unum – Out of Many, One.  

10:16 PM Feb 14 2009 |

CaN I CrY

CaN I CrY

Turkey

anandamarga

can I cry where did you find these photos

Why did u ask_? they are every where..  :P the most famous ones in turkish n kurdish ppl!

12:44 PM Feb 15 2009 |

helen2569

helen2569

China

National emblem: Tiananmen Gatetower under five stars, encircled by ears of grain and with a gear wheel below.

On June 18, 1950, the Second Session of the First CPPCC National Committee adopted the design and illustration of the national emblem of the PRC. On September 27 that year, Chairman Mao Zedong ordered the promulgation of the national emblem. Composed of patterns of the national flag, the Tian'anmen Rostrum, a wheel gear and ears of wheat, it symbolizes the New-Democratic Revolution of the Chinese people since the May 4th Movement (1919) and the birth of New China under the people's democratic dictatorship led by the working class on the basis of the worker-peasant alliance.

02:09 PM Feb 15 2009 |