Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

“я люблю тебя” and “я тебя люблю”

Devil4444

Devil4444

China

Could Russian friends tell me what the difference between “я люблю тебя” and “я тебя люблю”is?

03:39 AM May 23 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Rimma1

Russian Federation

Hi, theres absolutely no difference between these phrases

06:56 AM May 23 2009 |

wyy9285

wyy9285

China

yes it's the same and i'm learning russian too

08:08 AM May 23 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

hmm, i think no differenceSmile

10:07 AM May 27 2009 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

but there's ! very slight, but still….. you can believe a linguist

in this particular case there's no any difference! even the slightest! Sure you can belive a 19-year-old linguist who doesn't a have a diploma of a linguist yet… But as an alternative you can belive a 27-year-old engineer, who's an Ukrainian though speaks Russian in his everyday life. Usually in Russian, like in most other Slavic languages, there's no stric order of words in the sentence. Often the difference in meanings can be shown only by stressing words which are the most determinative in particular content… For example, you may say "я тебя ЛЮБЛЮ"="я ЛЮБЛЮ тебя"="I LOVE you". Here the word "люблю" determines that the speaker indeed loves, but doesn't hate or something. But if you say "я ТЕБЯ люблю"="я люблю ТЕБЯ"="I love YOU" which means that the speaker loves YOU but nobody else. As you see the same sentence can have different meanings depending on what word you put an accent and vice versa..

12:05 PM May 27 2009 |

Dissipator

Dissipator

Ukraine

keep on, Dissipator
doing my best… Thanks for invigorating! I got a vacancy for a cheer leader… Send me a CV…

12:35 PM May 27 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

Ulya, r u linguist? u r kidding! =)

у меня по русскому была четверка,стабильно=)

соглашусь что разница  есть….. но оооочень малюсенькая)

04:09 PM May 27 2009 |

elenochka

elenochka

Belarus

почему проще? каждый считает по разному.  ладно, забудем.)

07:51 PM May 27 2009 |