Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Understanding Islam

TheMoon

TheMoon

Saudi Arabia

Hey every one its my first subject and I would like to introduce to you this link http://www.islam-guide.com/  its an Islamic guide for non-Muslims who would like to understand Islam, Muslims (Moslems), and the Holy Quran (Koran). It is rich in information, references, bibliography, and illustrations. It has been reviewed and edited by many professors and well-educated people. It is brief and simple to read, yet contains much scientific knowledge. It contains the whole book, A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, and more.I hop every one who read this enter the link.

01:12 PM Apr 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

estradgf

estradgf

Philippines

The basic concepts of Islam Assalaamu Alaikum!I would like to introduce first myself: I am Gerry, presently working here in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dammam City. I would like to share my experience and knowledge about “ISLAM”. A person who wishes to embrace “ISLAM” should know and clearly understand about Islam. A word "Islam" itself means; the total submission to the will of Allah "God". ISLAM is the Arabic word means the submission or surrender of one’s will to the only True God worthy of worship “ALLAH”. ISLAM is not a named after a person. If a person embraces “ISLAM” he will be called a “Muslim”. A Muslim person is a person who "submits" to the will of ALLAH “God”. Hence, it was not a new religion brought by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). ISLAM is the religion which was given to Adam, the first man and the first prophet of ALLAH, and it was the religion of all the prophets sent by ALLAH to mankind. The religion ISLAM was not decided upon by later generations of man. It was chosen by ALLAH Himself and clearly mentioned in His final revelation to man.The book of Islam is called The Holy Quran (Koran). The most basic concept of Islam is that there is only one God (also known as Allah in Arabic). The other concepts arise from this basic concept. Since there is only one God, only this God has the right to be worshipped. None other can be worshipped. No idols or deities. No statues. God in Islam is considered to be Omnipotent (invincible) and Omnipresent (present everywhere). God knows the past and knows the future. God created the Universe and everything in it. God has no equal. No family. God is the one and only.Islam teaches you that since we owe our existence to God, we must show appreciation by worshipping Him. We must lead a life of simplicity and goodness. In return, we are promised a place in Heaven. Otherwise we shall punished by a place in Hell. Another basic concept in Islam is Judgments Day. On this day, all life on Earth will be destroyed. All the dead will be brought back to life. Every person who has lived on Earth will be present at this time. Every person will be judged not by his race or social status including his good and the bad deeds. Depending on the deeds, the person will be granted a place in Heaven or Hell.   To be a true Muslim, you must believe in the following: 1.     There is only one God 2.     None can be worshipped except God 3.     Prophet Mohammed (Muhammad) is the messenger of God 4.     Your deeds will be accounted for on the Day of JudgmentThe Five Pillars of Islam:1.     Testimony of Faith (There is no true god except ALLAH and Muhammad (PBUH) is the last messenger of ALLAH).2.     To establish Salat (Prayers).3.     To Pay Zakat.4.     To observe Saum (Fasting) in Ramadan.5.     Hajj ((pilgrimage to the Sacred House) if one can afford the journey.

06:01 AM May 07 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

thanks,but actually..I used to read a book.but I am thinking of a explainer.he is a problem, right?

10:57 AM May 07 2007 |

amino283

amino283

Algeria

AeliNass sory i’m not really agree with u because freedome has lot of definition and i prefer this one:
my freedome ends at the beginig of yours its like mutuelle respect and this is what you gonna find in islam

12:18 PM May 07 2007 |

DAR

DAR

Taiwan

er…in my opinion,Religion has a duty it`s standard is higher than the duty of country`s law.I think it`s different standard.

12:35 PM May 07 2007 |

uf]hggi

uf]hggi

Jordan

wow,,i like your subjact my friend ( the moon) u r really like moon,,thanks alot to remind us about some things we sometimes forget it ,,thanks

12:40 PM May 07 2007 |

seyda84

seyda84

Turkey

thanks for your ınformation the moon ı thınk a lot of people wonder about ıslam.and some of thıs people had very bad ıdeas about ıslam.ı thınk you wıll change some people's bad ideas and may be ıslam wın thıs people thanks for your sharing

04:58 PM May 07 2007 |

mustafa ozgul

Turkey

hi everyone, and thank you very much (TheMoon), for this site… Most People of the world don’t know anything about Islam and muslims. They suppose; muslims are monster. Absolutely NO. Islam is religion of Peace. Even this religions name Islam means Peace in Arabic Language.
And Muslims love everyone, even they love alive all of the world.
Sincerely…

01:15 PM May 08 2007 |

nusrathkamal

Sri Lanka

thanking for your care about islam, it is nice to see few peoples take interest in spreading islam different ways…..i hope this site will remove the idea of the people who are having about islam in wrong way…..I provoke you for your great furture.

01:21 PM May 08 2007 |

mustafa ozgul

Turkey

Of course, holy Jesus, Moses, David, Solomon, Adam and Eva etc.. We believe all of them. Qur’an says, They are Gods Prophets and Last Prophet Mohammed (s.a.v.). We greeting all of them.

12:24 PM May 09 2007 |

amino283

amino283

Algeria

i respect all the thinks that all religions said because they come all from god and all poeple on what they r thinking but if there thinking is wrong we tray to show them the right way by improving our argument.
I respect all the prophets and i love them as ours Mohamed sala allah alihi wasalam and our religion is the last one where u can find on it all the religion before

12:42 PM May 09 2007 |