Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

after notify result of election of iran

sinam

sinam

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

09:04 AM Jun 15 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

amirlashkari22

The one who's the president now.

12:13 AM Jun 17 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

From the little I know, there are some things that don't make sense when it comes to the election and hints at manipulation:

The country was able to finish counting within a few hours of polls closing, saying immediately that Ahmadinejad had won by 60 percent of the vote.

Moussavi lost among his own ethnic group.

He lost in the cities, where the Reformists are generally more popular.

Either there's a problem here, or the Iranians are really that much happier with the current president.

12:52 AM Jun 17 2009 |

sinam

sinam

two days ago,a milion of protest has been gone to azadi sq. 

mousavi leader of iranian protest

this rally is irenic but nevertheless the basij fire to peaple

basij fired to people

04:26 AM Jun 17 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

i know Iranian who live in Germany,they have pictures from shah  Mohammad Reza Schah Pahlavi in their rooms

i don't know what is better for the Iranian citizen…i think they must find their own peaceful political solution. the western government and also the religion leaders shouldn't influence and manipulate the citizen wishes.

the following cartoon i found today in my newspaper it shows the Iranien Sandwatch

09:36 AM Jun 17 2009 |

amirlashkari22

Thanks for your great talks "arabhamid", you understand this thing much better than many Iranians. ;)

To "sinam": yeah, basij sometimes is forced to shoot ppl cause:

- If they don't, you ppl would think you have the right to do these things.

- If they don't, you ppl would fire much more stores, supermarkets, banks and buses.

- If they don't, you ppl would break more heads of other ppl with rocks and bricks.

- If they don't, you ppl would do any damn thing you want.

I'm sorry that basij didn't say welcome to you cause of these things. I can't just believe I must describe all of it to you.

Ppl don't have the right to do this neither if Ahmadinejad is elected nor Musavi.

I'm an Iranian, I've been living among you my whole life, and I know what kind of ppl some of you are and when and what you do these things for.

12:43 PM Jun 17 2009 |

Tufan

Some people may think that recent occurrences in Iran are an action that USA organizes to overthrow Islamic Republic of Iran but actually this isn't true. (As recent Obama speeches show that USA don't want to interfere into Iran's interior affairs)

In fact most Iranian are sure that the candidate's name who they wrote in their ballots at the Election Day isn't the one who announced by the government, and this is a coup against our votes.

Now even people who voted to Ahmadinejad are regret for their decision when they see how he treats to demonstrators.  

04:25 PM Jun 17 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

No country is meddling in the Iranian election.

But if a country is ruled by people that rig election to stay in power, it is the responsibility of the democratic West to speak out against it.

07:11 PM Jun 17 2009 |

amirlashkari22

fabs1: Even our ppl are not sure that the election has been cheated, or if they say that they're sure that it has been, they have no proofs for what they say. So how do you some kind of democratic countries say you're sure about it??

Your governments do not have the right to speak about sth they're not aware of. They just wanna show there's such a chaos in Iran.

09:47 PM Jun 17 2009 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

It's a big IF.

You're correct, as nothing has been proven yet. But it looks suspicious to everyone involved. The best result is the one where the people's voice is respected.

01:49 AM Jun 18 2009 |