Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Anniversary of first humans on the moon

gkisseberth

Germany

Tomorrow (June20)  is the 40th annivrsary of Apollo 11's Lunar Module landing on the moon with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin aboard. I remember watching this on TV and it being the coolest thing I could ever imagine at that point in my life.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMINSD7MmT4&feature=fvst

and the uncensored version   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIkHLO93lCA 

02:06 AM Jul 20 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Assire

Assire

Saudi Arabia

Thank you.

04:51 PM Jul 20 2009 |

Novita

Novita

Germany

Amazing! Lo and behold! 40 years ago people arrive on the moon in a tiny tin. Unfortunately I've never experienced this particular moment in my own life because I'm too young therefore. The only similar breathtaking TV moment in my life was Barack Obama beeing elected first black president of the US in history.

05:26 PM Jul 20 2009 |

GodZilla0620

Russian Federation

Novita, does that bothered you a lot in Germany? (I mean Obama elections).

And why, if it so? Just interesting, cause here in Russia we didn't.

06:22 PM Jul 20 2009 |

Novita

Novita

Germany

I think for a lot of Germans the election was a very special event. But most of us are back in daily routine again. For me it's a kind of 'personal' excitement. I as a kind of not white "Asian immigrant" live among whites for almost my whole life time and most of the people in power I knew and I can see are white. And now there is a black american president even with ambitions to be taken seriously.  That's the reason why this election is a very special event for me. 

08:04 PM Jul 20 2009 |

pop272001

pop272001

Indonesia

u know Gkiss…I always dream that I could go to the Moon. I couldn't imagine how Neil and Aldrin's feelings…maybe they also felt that that was a dream..

02:53 AM Jul 21 2009 |