Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Anyone knows about Schizophrenia, please post your message here.

kholly

kholly

Philippines

A dear friend of mine is suffering a form of depression. He suspected to be schizophrenic. His family doesn’t know anything about the said illness.
If anyone of you out there knows about SCHIZOPHRENIA, please don’t hesitate to post it here.
I would be happy to read your comments.
Thank you!

07:06 AM May 15 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Izka

Izka

Poland

Dear Kholly,

it`s really not easy illness. My grandmothar has a schizofrenia. She has to take the pills everyday. It starts from strange stories she told us everytime we meet. She has a problem with recognize which world is a real  world and which is fictive.

But don`t worry. Your friend can live with schizofrenia almost without problem. I`m sure the consultation with doctor and pills will help him to be "normal" person, go to school or job.

Unfortunatelly the illnes is common among young and very clever people:(

in any question don`t hestitate contact me

BR, izka

07:57 AM May 15 2007 |

meriem

meriem

Algeria

hi kholly

i read your message there, and since i study psychology….i can tell that is not an easy illness , your frd has to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist and your frnd will be given pills and stuff…...the doctor knows what to , remember : your frd should see the doctor as soon possible as he/she can ,it's impotrant ...... after that your frd will be ok i'm sur.

Meriem

08:27 AM May 15 2007 |

kholly

kholly

Philippines

Thank you so much guys!
The thing is he doesn’t want to see a doctor. He cannot admit to himself that he’s really ill. He’s standing by his word that someone is chasing him. He’s been making stories. He thinks that everybody around him are against him. He shouts whenever he feels like shouting especially at his mother.
He’s not respecting his parents anymore. Whenever he wants somethings. He would just tell them that he wants then to do this and that as if they were like his kids.
Wha stage do you think he is now?

09:04 AM May 15 2007 |

meriem

meriem

Algeria

hi kholly

well… i think that your friend is at the active stage now…....but can u tell how old is he plz ? and for how long since these symptomes got started?

Meriem

11:05 AM May 16 2007 |

meriem

meriem

Algeria

11:05 AM May 16 2007 |

kholly

kholly

Philippines

Hi Meriem,
He’s turning 39. He’s been suffering from this kind of illness since 2000.

12:36 PM May 16 2007 |

kholly

kholly

Philippines

Guys,
Could you tell me some tip on how to deal with Schizophrenic. So the love ones of my friend would have some idea on what to do and how to deal with him.
Please post all the possible ways.
Thanks alot!
kholly

09:34 AM May 17 2007 |

meriem

meriem

Algeria

Hi kholly

i want to let you know that this illness causes a lot of damage in the diffrent aspects of the personality and the other psychological aspects …. and the fact that your friend doesn't want to admit to himself that he is sick…considering his illness it is normal…he's not gonna admit that to him self … tell his family that they have to take him to a doctor , even he doesn't listen to them or he  doesn't want to…they have to find a way to let him see a doctor even against his will ..coz he's the only one who can really help with pills and psychological therapy ( medicaments are very important … there is no way that he stays without'em and get healthier ) ... besides the doctor will make his family knows how to deal with him well and help him too with his attitudes. Any way, his family and those who live around him , who know about his illness should not be reacte or argue with him about his opinions even if he's wrong, and when he says that he hears things or other things don't tell him that is not true coz he's not gonna listen to you .( i'm telling you again there must be a doctor and medicaments ).

Meriem

10:20 PM May 20 2007 |

devindernagpal

India

Schizophrenic is term used to describe the divided state of mind,when one part of one's mind stand against the 2nd part of the mind.

02:54 AM Dec 13 2007 |