Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Stop Capital punishment for teenagers

Sufi7

Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Behnoud Shojai

A few days ago Behnoud Shojai a 21 years old boy was executed in Iran, when he was 16 years old while fighting with another boy accidently killed him, and after that time he spent 5 years in prison in tumult of being executed or not and eventually he was executed in 11 October (Just a day after “the World Day Against the Death Penalty” on 10 October)

In Iran’s law, teenagers who commit a murder their execution postpone till they become an adult and then are executed and family of victim decides to whether forgive murderer or not, in recent months many artists tried to collect money and give it to victim’s family as a penalty to prevent his execution but government refused it.

LAST MOMENTS OF BEHNOUD'S LIFE: Behnoud was standing on a chair with the rope around his neck. The victim's family entered the room, Behnoud came face to face with the victim's mother and told her "I never had a mother, you be my moth…er and love me." The victim's sister and brother were also on their knees begging their mother to forgive Behnoud, and the victim's father remained silent. Behnoud pleaded one last time to the mother, and she gave a firm "NO" and took the chair from under Behnoud and Behnoud was left hanging. This picture was shortly taken after Behnoud's death.

Behnoud Shojai after excution

I don’t know why forgiveness for some people is so hard, I don’t know if I can forgive or not but I wish from God to give me a big heart to forgive myself and others.

How’s capital punishment in your country? And what’s your opinion about capital punishment?

Additional links:

Behnoud's Shojaee funeral 13 Oct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN_Qb7rNYM

10:04 AM Oct 16 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

nabiha joe

nabiha joe

Djibouti

good topic , well
Idon’t know alot about low , but i think the capital punishment is importent to keep the cuntry safe , with out criminals ,

09:27 AM Oct 20 2009 |