Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Bitter Failure

tomatina

tomatina

Egypt

I can't descirbe how crestfallen I was yesterday after the loss of our own Egyptian football team against Algeria..I am not gonna say that was kinda expected,but I was really afraid that we might fall in the deep well of defeat,and we have been..

that was the final world cup qualifing match,and we messed it up by one single goal,kinda unfair to me,espcially that I really do believe that Egypt deserve to go forward and play internationally with counteries from the rest of all other continents..

It has been 19 darn years since our last participation in the world cup finals,and in the last 4 years Egypt has been in the top of its game, and won the African cup two times in a roll,not to mention other winnings for local teams continently..

and really,what was with the Agerian crowd,is that a way you support your team by riots and arson ,throwing stones ,glass bottles at the Egyptian crowd and our national team,it's such a shame when bad things happen in name of a sport,the Algerians always show their real skin when it comes to playing with an Arab regional team like us..what a pity!

I lost all hope of getting into the world cup,particularly when we had our continuous winning streak,and stopped in an important match ,and decided to blow it up..but I am still proud of being Egyptian,and I still adore our national team,and I will always root for Hassen Shehata the coach,I hope he will still gain respect even after losing,and I know for a fact how down he was after the match..
don't worry boys,it was so close,missed it by a hair!

02:37 PM Nov 19 2009 |