Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you care about how other people think of you?

Vero_G

Vero_G

China

Do you care about how other people think of you?

01:23 AM Dec 25 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

thanks spontan for sharing your experience.it really happens like that in life.some people will not like you only if you make them hear what they like.it's important to listen to others and it's important to say your opinion freely and with love,too and it's also important to refuse what your heart and ind refuse..

if we try to manage people,we'll lose ourself's respect and we'll not love ourselves and as a matter of fact we'll not get real love from others.we'll just fall in a social hypocracy.

i agree that others' opinions about us affects us deeply,but the best way to avoid being obssessed with the idea is  authenticity.just  forget about people and try to be yourself.noone is perfect and everyone of us has his own bad sides and has to improve him/herself peacefully and paying attention to his nature which is a different one.we shouldn't fear others' judgements because they are often subjective.

04:59 PM Dec 31 2009 |

spontan

spontan

Germany

hi lilimira,

yes its difficult to have a own honest authenticity, without to appear sometimes  careless,selfish,arrogant…

02:56 PM Jan 01 2010 |

Bebe Cita

Bebe Cita

Puerto Rico

Guys, we can not control what people think about us, u know? They will always talk about us, so It is a waste of time trying to prove something to gossip people.

That is why I dont pay attention to what the people think about meSmile

10:11 AM Jan 04 2010 |

devindernagpal

India

Friends,

No I never bothered about the people whatever they feel ,think & say about me. But I lost too much, I lost contant with others.So I have started learning to be intouch with them.

I have lived with different ideas & tried to learn the fine way of living life.I feel that ,if I feel that I have some good quality in me it is valuable for me only,it is of no use for others & if I feel to share & transfer it to others I must learn to have heart to heart communcation with others & value their feelings.   

03:19 AM Jan 31 2010 |

aquarius2009

Croatia

If its person evil idiot i dont really care.

If its normal i will think what is said to me.

Peace to all.

04:02 AM Jan 31 2010 |

Howayda

Morocco

People who criticize me want me different cause they see in me what they never will be. the only case when I may care about what the others think of me is when theirs says will help me to improve myself.

10:32 PM Jan 31 2010 |

dhouha89

dhouha89

Tunisia

As long as I’m not doing something wrong,I don’t care

07:45 AM Dec 07 2011 |