Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Life talk Do you believe in friendship between men and women?

seagull2010

Russian Federation

Do you believe in real friendship between men and women?

Here is a taste of Russian poet Marina Tsvetaeva's charming poem, from 1915, translated by A. Kneller:

I like the fact that you're not mad about me,

I like the fact that I'm not mad for you,

And that the globe of planet earth is grounded

And will not drift away beneath our shoes.

I like the fact that I can laugh here loudly,

Not play with words, feel unashamed and loose 

And never flush with stifling waves above me

When we brush sleeves, and not need an axcuse.

11:10 AM Jun 03 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

wiid

Tunisia

I think that freindship between men and women can succeed very well if they put a barrier between freindship and love and they stay conscious about it. This type of relationship can evolate into love only if they want it! It is based on their willingness

12:10 AM Jun 08 2010 |

Duccini

Duccini

Brazil

Seems to me this kind of friendship is quite possible, it depends on each one’s experiences towards the opposite sex. It’s a fact there’s plenty of people going online in order to get laid, or at least, have some kind of thrill talking to other people.

But I do believe there’s people who can enjoy a friendship coming from the opposite sex, without second intentions. And of course it may develop to other feelings without expectations. Or it may not. Life would be rather boring if it followed determined rules.

Anyway, friendship shoul be based on the quality of the conversation. Making lots of friends looking for sex is not friendship, is hitting.

11:59 AM Nov 01 2013 |