Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

World need a New Ottoman!

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

Ottoman Empire gave peace and take all places. It was so power as America in now days. 80 Diffrent nations lived with friendship with us. They stil speak their first language.

At its peak it included:

• Turkey
  • Egypt
  • Greece
  • Bulgaria
  • Romania
  • Macedonia
  • Hungary
  • Palestine
  • Jordan
  • Lebanon
  • Syria
  • Parts of Arabia
  • Much of the coastal strip of North Africa
  • 06:24 PM Jul 12 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

istanbul_fatih_i

Turkey

An Israel person said" Yet, as I became more knowledgeable and could compare cultures and countries around the globe with the passing of age and experience, we became much more appreciative of the benevolence of the Turkish people who harbored the Jewish people through incredibly barbaric times in the annals of European history. In retrospect of what we know of European history today, we owe Turkish people a great debt of gratitude for saving the lives of thousands of Jews. As Turkish-Jews we preserved our national identity as the descendants of the Biblical Israelites, yet to this day we also feel ourselves as Turkish and identify with the Turkish People".

06:25 PM Jul 12 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

I agree with u but we need Ottman the islamic leader as he couldn't do all that without being muslim and lead by islam.

we need OMAR BEN AL KHATTAB  OR  AHARON ALRASHID OR SALAH ELDIN

11:34 PM Jul 12 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

I feel fear about the word: "Empire" to much aspirations and to much ambitions. An empire always tries to expand and conquer the rest….and it would be very dangerous.

Altought the Ottoman Empire had its good things…..people must remember what happened to 1.5 millions of armenians… 

An empire is not the best form to live in peace with the rest of the world. Maybe muslims would like to have it….but it would ocasion a big political tension with Europe and also with the rest of the world.

I think this trheat is not suitable here. 

12:57 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

ok, but then the best word is not Empire, Empire is an old concept always related with wars. 

01:14 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

arabhamidthere was not ever been a european Empire… and till I know…Islam grew by conquering other lands by wars. 

"Muslims were united from the beginning of Islam" wrong. What about Sunni and Shia?

I didn't want to criticize muslims neither Islam, all I meant is that talking about a New Ottoman is not suitable, it represents wars. What would happen if a german begins to sepeak about a new Reich?

Anyway I think that a New Ottoman is not in the turkish politicans' brain. Turkey has been approahing to western culture more than to Islamic. I think you know who was Mustafa Ataturu.

02:55 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

arabhamid:""there was not ever been a european Empire""

.Frensh Empire was Empire, British and Italy !! sure! and also there was a spanish empire! but it is not the same that European empire! spanish fought against french and against british, british against french and etc

"""When we talk about Ottman or Khilafa, here we're talking about ourselves, islamic lands, to be united, not other nations, we're not looking for other lands nowadays.""" then don't talk about Ottoman, talk about strategical unions and other kind of modern forms like UE, Mercosur,,,,talk about common laws or politics etc

"We're not looking for new Othoman, but for new Islamic unit, which can be lead by an Qatar or Albania, there is not problem who lead."  ok, but the title of this trheat didn't say the same you are saying right now.

"Muslims were spreading Islam and its rules and peace and justice, europeans empire took other nations ressources and take advantages from them. Muslims gave to others, but yours took from others."

I think you are a bit naive if you think that there was not a economical interest in that Islamic khilafa…remember that there was a islamic period in Spain and we study it. We study since the science advances that muslims gave,,,, to the economic interests beyond that occupation. 

"Islam grows with its followers, not by conquering" maybe now yes, but what happened centuries ago? have not been wars and conquers in the name of Islam like there have been in the name of Cristhianity or others?

03:54 PM Jul 13 2010 |

braveheart2010

Egypt

dear dabbid

r u good enough in history?

plz tell me about the islamic army that went to indonesia or nigeria to convert it to islam!?

03:55 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

the spanish history about that is strange because tecahers often said to us that if the crhistian re-conquest never would have took place. Spain would be the most advanced in europe and the most adavanced in the Islamic world.

03:59 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

braveheart
     ok ok that was by trade relationships, but there have been a lot of battles in the name of ISlam and you can not say I'm wrong because I live 1 km from where a big battle between muslims and crhsitians took place…

04:10 PM Jul 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

arabhamid: thanks for your reply  

04:24 PM Jul 13 2010 |