Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Racism

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

In México, maybe racism  is not very flagrant, but there is a loooot of elitism here.

I can see clearly how many ppl give real value to others by their economical properties, or, what is worst: maaaany ppl here clasify others by the colour of skin, color of eyes, or body structure.

How do u clasify the ppl around u?

02:59 AM Oct 26 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

03:44 AM Oct 26 2010 |

Hossam_bounab

Algeria

Hi Nicte :)

Sincerely…I do not follow any classification manner in judging others,I just deal with anyone according to how good_hearted is he/she…regardeless to any other considerations.

No body has the right to overestimate his existance above another humanbeing,because well all made of one material and we all have the same mistake probability and the only difference between us is in our deeds.

10:50 AM Oct 26 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Actually I don't want to classify anybody by anything, since I want to experience who the people I meet really are, meaning I want to find out all by myself. I already met a few people who didn't seem to be too friendly and who were not too popular, but after making my own experience with them I realized that they were not bad people, but rather nice.

However I know that a lot of people judge by one's economical success! This is a bad judgement if you ask me: Firstly it doesn't give you the possibility of getting to know people with a low income better,-and they can be nice too-secondly it forces people to try very hard to become more and more successful and to get more and more money allthough they would be better off with less money and with less pressure. At least that's what scientists have proven: People with a lower income, but also with less pressure are happier!

05:47 PM Oct 26 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

hi narendra12,

And thx Dorothee and Hossam for commenting hereSmile

I think God doesn't prefer ppl coz of the appearance, nor coz of their high level., and even rich men God can reject.

I think that human being usually see only what is "in front of him", but as for me, it has been hard to find men who watch inside the heart.

We shouldn't get confused coz of the shine of beauty or richness.

I think we should look at the buttom and the reason, coz we can see the faces in front, but can not see at the first sight, inside the hearts.

So i really don't understand when someone writtes on other's pic "oooh u r soo beautiful, I'm in love with u"

so, pls someone to explain it to me as u can do to a 5 years old childLaughing

01:54 AM Oct 27 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

02:03 AM Oct 27 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

btw:

this is my favorite sentence:

All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration.

Machiavelli the prince

Laughing

02:20 AM Oct 27 2010 |

Nicte ha

Nicte ha

Mexico

hi SiLVERTiDE, thx for commenting here Laughing

mmm, well, u know?

As for me I think not all human being r equal.

and I'd dare even to clasify them, yeah:

in just 2 groups:

good ppl

and

evil ppl

and i think we cand find good ppl but ugly or poor

and also rich beautyful ppl but evil

well, that's just my opinion :D

02:59 AM Oct 27 2010 |

Whitney S

Whitney S

Colombia

What I think about this topic and many others that are related to this kind of prejudges, is clearly summarized in this video:

http://www.ted.com/talks/chimamanda_adichie_the_danger_of_a_single_story.html

06:08 AM Oct 27 2010 |

Dorothee

Dorothee

Germany

Nicte ha

You are welcome! By the way I also thank you for commenting on some of my forums and for all those useful links and quotes you sometimes post!

By the way I consider this subject to be very important and interesting, so I also thank you for bringing it up!

03:38 PM Oct 27 2010 |