Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Do you believe in the horoscope?

Beathy

Beathy

Hungary

I think that I am responsible for my actions. However, I always read what the stars say. 

Do you think that your fate has already written or your life is in your hand?

09:15 AM Oct 29 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

I don't believe in horoscopes but I do believe that fate has a path laid out for us.  With that said, I think we are still responsible for our own actions and that it is possible to tread a different path according to our actions.  A more 'bumpy' path maybe…

Ben Laughing

Check out my blog – http://eslgroups.com/Wordpress_Blog/

11:40 AM Oct 29 2010 |

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

It's funny, sometimes the horoscopes are very general with messages like "you will meet an interesting stranger today".  I think most strangers are interesting.  I think lots of times the horoscopes are so general we can apply them to most aspects of our lives in some way.  But they are fun to read. I use to read them a lot, but not anymore.  

Ben Laughing

01:37 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Freckle6

Freckle6

Belarus

i don't believe but i'm always read it when i see it Smile

01:41 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Beathy

Beathy

Hungary

Ye I agree with Ben because they write pretty general things which will happen. But I don't believe that all pisces in the world will meet an interesting stranger on the same day Smile

01:43 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

lol…I just checked my horoscope for the first time in years, it says "..You're possessed by a weird energy today"it's true I was on a good buzz today but I wonder if that's just because it's Friday ;) I'm such a cynic. 

Ben Laughing

02:06 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Ryo

Ryo

Saudi Arabia

I have read  that  time Most "what it says about me was true in the Chinese HoroscopeThen I started reading all the people in my family  hirscope  and then ask  them if  this true or fuls    and  notice  if that  really pplayy in them too 
ButYes, I  notice  too  that    Most "has qualities similar   in some herscope But  there  is different I have  wonder  somtimes  wy  my nose     in the family  not  bottom like  other  in my family that  my  opening  nose  is  so  clear but  my nose is in grown alittle

02:09 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Radunagi

Radunagi

United States

I don't believe but I think they are fun.  My mother taught me how to "palm-read."  The trick is just to say everything in a good way.  Like, instead of saying that a line means a person is stubborn, you say that they are self-confident.  Using word like "sometimes" as in "you are sometimes more sensitive then normal" sounds very insightful but really is true for everyone.  These are the kinds of things that horoscopes and other psychic stuff uses.  

Horoscopes can say bad things though.  Like, I am a virgo, so I totally should not be in a relationship with an aquarius right now, and yet…

I would really like to see the reaction if a horoscope was printed in a newspaper that read something like "Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity."

02:09 PM Oct 29 2010 |

Benjipie

Benjipie

United Kingdom

lol.."Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity." That would be great.  People would be to afraid to leave their homes!

Ben Laughing

02:20 PM Oct 29 2010 |

lolita_lempicka

Yemen

playing with ur minds lolzZ,, somehow the Qualities of the person is true, but the forcast is bullshit, personaly i dont beleive it at all .

03:26 PM Oct 29 2010 |

narendra12

narendra12

India

May Be !!!!

04:42 PM Oct 29 2010 |