Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

friends are having mutual understanding?

srimathi

India

Hi All,

I have a problem with one of my friend. Both were did a mistake. But i  am ready to forgive him mistakes. But he is not. So i wote a mail many times. But he didn't reply me. So i asked some suggestion to continue his friendship  to another friend. He sent a mail "don't worry. If you both are having mutual understanding he will realize you. If you love something set it them free. If it comes back then yours. Otherwise let the things go. There is no need to stick with particular person. People are everywhere. If you keep on ask him to talk to me like that then you will loos your self respect. Friendship is selfrespect". After reading these lines really i were sitting like a statue for a moment. then i decided to set him free as per my another friend suggestion. But he didn't comes back till now. So we don't have mutual understanding right? Is people are making friendship with others just for a fun? Or they really wants real friedship?

Thank you all. 

Srimathi. 

04:48 AM Jul 20 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

rocky219

rocky219

Canada

I understand how you feel. I think the best thing that you can do is just let him be. Give him time to realize his mistakes and learn his lessons on how important a friends is.  Your friend will come back if he is truly a friend.

07:58 AM Jul 20 2007 |

srimathi

India

thank you so much for your reply.

12:20 PM Jul 21 2007 |

Candice

Candice

China

As  the  old  saying :people  will  cherish something  until  it  leaves ,may  be  the  friendship  is  the  same  .So if  your  friend  really  cherish  the  friendship  between  you  and   him , i  think  he     will   forgive  any  mistake  you'v  made  because  friends  must  understand  each  other .If  possible  ,you  can  make  a  date  with  him or  her  to  explain clearly and  then  make  the  final   decision  whether  let  him  go  or  not .

03:27 PM Jul 21 2007 |