Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Facebook

Grēne

Grēne

Bosnia and Herzegovina

I guess most of you have facebook profile and u have seen already this new feature called instant personalization. So is FB going too far with your privacy??

05:40 PM Feb 15 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

lilimira

lilimira

Algeria

i don't have a facebook account too becausei like to share with people in real life most and i meet a lot of people everyday and this make me feel sometimes tired and i feel a need to be alone.may be i'll do it oneday when i feel a need to it and have time to handle it.

i thing facebook is as everything in life..it's up to you how to use it,noone can force you to do something you don't want.i agree that kids and teenagers and all people must do other activities and enjoy life far from the net and keep their privacy for only who they love and trust.  

11:13 AM Feb 16 2011 |

-Benny-

-Benny-

Thailand

I always set it into private and share everything with my friends only

04:47 PM Feb 16 2011 |

zed.23

Algeria

I just can't live without Facebook!!! :D

I have met lots of friends thanks to it…It helps me to keep contact with them and with my family too…of course I share my photos and videos only with them,no one who is not friend with me on FB can see all what I put there. 

06:31 PM Feb 16 2011 |

soko87

soko87

Mongolia

yes i have the Facebook too and it helps me keep the contacts with my friends.. actually i have found so many  old friends there and saw how they are changed themself! ýeah i think it is ok if somoeone has a facebook and is having fun with that.. lol

06:31 PM Feb 17 2011 |

Rikarduhedgehog

Portugal

main question: 

Yeap I've, but you can choose what info do you want to give and do not give! so its all up to you with the privacy. but facebook is a social network, privacy for what?

------

@Faith: I was so outraged by the adulterous and bisexual offer I was happy to close my account for good!  There are some really disgusting people in the world. 

fuuh, you know, sometimes you shoul re-read what you say and think of yourself also a little bit. disgusting people? have you seen yourself? I'm not saying you're disgusting, what I mean is, I guess those people invited, told you, whatever they did, you have the right to read, accept or deny. Though you should not call them that, because everyone has his own opinion, and when you're calling them that, you are not thinking of the disgusting things you have made or that you'll do. So don't throw rocks, your roof is glass made as well ;) 

03:21 PM Feb 18 2011 |

botayna

botayna

Morocco

I HATE FACEBOOK ELHAMDULILAH I DELETE MY ACCOUNT? FACEBOOK IS THE MOST BORED WEBSITE IVE EVER SEE, NOTHING USEFUL ON THIS SITE JUST SPENDING MORE TIME.

SO I PREFER TO COMEBACK TO ENGLISHBABY COZ I SPENT LESS TIME HERE AND I BENEFIT MORE.

WISH THE BEST OF GOOD LUCK FOR ALL

SALAM ALAYKUM

04:01 PM Feb 18 2011 |

botayna

botayna

Morocco

anarcho is that make any trouble for you?

02:57 PM Feb 19 2011 |

Grēne

Grēne

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Of course, there are many  aspects of Facebook that you might want to lockdown. So this feature as well. I just asked is it going too far cuz  if you have never heard of this feature before, there's a good chance that you are already sharing your "likes" with these partner websites without your knowledge. Like most things, it's turned on by default and you have to specifically go in and turn it off : s

11:51 PM Feb 19 2011 |

jiji80

Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

hi . thanks alot for everything u have done . i hope u r ok now

09:55 PM Nov 21 2011 |

Gorgon

Gorgon

Romania

I’m not on Facebook. It means I don’t exist?

08:12 PM Nov 22 2011 |