Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meaning of Life

ElifN

ElifN

Turkey

What do you live for?

And do all your deeds correspond to your chief aim?

12:18 AM Mar 06 2011 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Missinggirl

Spain

good q. well I live to be a better girl. always i try to be a better person. sometimes i lose myself and i forget what i m living for.. i lose time by stupid things but i realize it later on. so, do all my deeds correspond to my chief aim? i think not. but it must be. thanks for reminding this important issue elif. u re always full of meaning i miss u

12:19 PM Mar 06 2011 |

RainN

RainN

Saint Lucia

I live for happiness :) not all my actions make me happy but I m trying

12:28 PM Mar 06 2011 |

conqueror78

Turkey

umm i have an ideo that "Do Just Think before what you want to do."

actually all of my deeds firstly for my soul to relax (you know good things make soul as peaceful, secondary to show myself to people of my enviroment what i has a personality and to set an example for them and also to love me as a friend :)

11:26 AM Mar 07 2011 |

Rockyy01

Rockyy01

Pakistan

Hmmm… Nice post my dear Elif… :)
You see… According to me…
The moment when I’d be dying…
I want to say that…
‘I DIDN’T SPENT MY LIFEBUT I LIVED IT…’

& for ‘Living my life…’
I necessarily need to live for others too…

If I never healed no one from my presence… except myself…
So what’d I take with me…?
‘A REPENTANCE…’ cuz of ‘SELFISHNESS…’

But If I healed at least one person…
& after seeing me… one more person did that…
& after him… one more…

So when I’d be dying…
What’d I take with me…?
‘A SATISFACTION…’ cuz of ‘SELFISHLESSNESS…’

& ‘A SATISFACTION…’ is a way better than ‘A REPENTANCE…’

Well… wanna say again that it’s a nice forum…
I liked everyone’s comment too…
Take Care…
Stay Blessed… :)

07:46 PM Oct 25 2011 |

Learner of Life

Indonesia

I know the answer that I LIVE FOR MY RABB, ALLAH! To obey each single word He says!

However, I realize that the mistakes I made in this life, whether I realize it or not, have throw me away from my purposes I should accieve.

So, by keeping in mind and heart that “I LIVE FOR ALLAH”, this makes me back to the ground and gives me the clear view how I should be in this life which is represented through my deeds in each single time of my life!

11:48 PM Oct 31 2011 |

CatcheR

CatcheR

Iceland

Live to worship Allah, we born because Allah for what? to do our duty for Allah, in this world we are just nothing without HIM

06:06 AM Jan 27 2012 |

iraskoorbam

Saudi Arabia

Essential question should everybody ask himself about. The answer should be only,

for Worship of ALLAH.

Allah created us in this life as examinee and we will see the results in the FUTURE.

This   FUTURE is that will be after the end of this short life ( death ) . This future is the never-ending LIFE.

07:58 PM Jan 27 2012 |

ElifN

ElifN

Turkey

Dear friend, thanks for your consider. And thanks for your explanations.

I asked what “is” your aim, not what “must” it be. As far as I can see, you have expressed what “must not” it be :) surely, I respect this. Though, it would be better if you show respect to others’ views too. Not everybody’s windows are all the same. So, it would be unreasonable to wait everyone to behave in the same way. We re not factory products, right? :)

I have never seen you in my life. But I believe you exist, becoz I see your words here. It makes me deduce that this is a sign for your presence.

This is similar to how Muslims feel the presence of Allah. You believe or not, that just interests you, I think. I dont intend to discuss if God exists or if our goals in life relates to Him.

Just, better to be tolerant… :)

Best wishes!

02:03 PM Feb 04 2012 |