Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Books that affected your childhood?

Beatrize

Beatrize

Germany

What books did you read when you where young? Do you still love them? Did they affect your live?

I’ve read a lots of books – but I think “The never ending story” by Michael Ende and “Das kleine Ich bin Ich” by Mira Lobe were the most important. And I still love them!

06:35 AM Feb 23 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Anushkap

India

WHEN I WAS CHILD I READ TWILIGHT OVER THE YEARS I FORGOT THE STORY AND THESE DAYS I AM READING IT AGAIN.NOW THAT I AM GROWN UP,I AM ABLE TO UNDERSTAND IT BETTER.THANKS TO NAMARATA MADAM’S CLASSES.

04:50 PM Feb 23 2012 |

zamalek

zamalek

Egypt

mickey and donald duck magazine

goosepumps series

08:57 PM Feb 23 2012 |

Namrata Arora

India

Thanks Anushkap for the encouraegement. Books have a deep influence on the way we percieve life; especially when we start reading at an early stage. I used to read Emid Blyton too; followed by Nancy Drew and eventually switched over to Robert Ludlum’s starting with ‘The Borne Identity’. Well, that built my interest in thrilling secrets, masked identities and detective tendencies.

07:53 AM Jun 02 2012 |

Verony

Verony

Czech Republic

I am very big fan of reading. I am keen on it, so yes I read books when I was child, and now I still love them. In last yeat I´ve read political books and it´ve had very big influence to me. Above all books about totalitarian regime, which was in my country for 40 years. So this is the reason why I like 1984 by George Orwell or Zdivočelá země (Wild land) by czech author Jiří Stránský, because it´s book about truth.

03:09 PM Jun 03 2012 |

Duccini

Duccini

Brazil

I can’t remember one book specifically that marked my childhood but i’d love to have read Never Ending Story by then. I’d still do.

Anyway I remember reading War of The Words and how the style of this book made me love it. You know, the scenery and the situations, I kept imagining myself living all that. It was really fun.

Recently I read The Catcher in The Rye and got sad for not having read it when I was a kid.

By the way, 1984 is for sure a great one. I’ve never heard of this Wild Land though.

11:09 PM Oct 28 2013 |