Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

you country

wangchaowei

Hong Kong

Coolwhat do you thing about your country

09:16 AM Sep 18 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gigi2550

gigi2550

Thailand

Thailand, my country.

A not-perfect country , like many other countries on this very planet. It is classified as a developing country and has never been listed as a rich country.  People , generally, are not so westernized so some westerners complain about poor English speaking.

But, it has its own tradition and a long root. it is nice to live and to raise children in the future. People are still kind and easy going and love giving to others more than just taking .

It makes me proud of being one of Thai citizens

Well, that is  for your topic "Your country " to give you "my opinion on "my country.

gigi2550

09:41 AM Sep 18 2007 |

wangchaowei

Hong Kong

thank you i like the people generally and kind…iit is a good place

05:14 AM Sep 19 2007 |

xingyuan

xingyuan

China

yean,the developing country is good at enviroment and culture!

06:02 AM Sep 19 2007 |

kochin

Trinidad and Tobago

Trinidad, my country.

Frankly, my country is a little scary at the moment.

For the first time in my short life, I have to concede I live in Latin America. English Speaking, but nevertheless Latin America. 

My conspiracy theory is that Bush and Chavez are having some sort of cold feud.

Anti Chavez Venezuelans are arriving in droves. But since we are fourteen miles off their coast and every fisherman from Pernales will give you the half hour lift for US$1000. That can't be stopped.

Meanwhile Bush, has been doing his bit for making my Prime Minister a despot. Well more than he otherwise would have been. 

We now have new Israeli gunships and speed boats and who knows what else.

But again, teaching people how to kill just makes them better killers.

So the army with their brand new guns are shooting fishermen (he was muslim, but I think that was happenstance),

confiscating food from farmers if you can't show this new farmer's identity card which they are not approving for people of a certain race (East Indian descent) 

bulldozing people's homes at gunpoint and making them destitute. 

And in the midst of this, we get really glowing economic reviews and greenlighted through the loans process.

This is why I want to learn Spanish. To see if my hunch of perfect correlation with Pinochet's Chile is correct.

All this aside Trinidad was a really nice place to grow up for the most part. But I come from a upper middle class background with the right skin tone, so don't take my word for it.

12:27 AM Sep 20 2007 |