Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

brains or beauty? who is on top of the list..

marksimz

marksimz

Philippines

when looking for a partner which one should you choose first. Brains or Beauty?

01:32 PM Sep 19 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fjface

fjface

China

both of them

01:43 PM Sep 19 2007 |

lind@

lind@

Algeria

Its up to everyone.. Undecided

BUT let's say beauty+brain  Embarassed u have to find the one who own the both;beauty and brain..may be it seems difficult but infact,ugly nd/or ignorant women let men runaway..LaughingEmbarassed

01:53 PM Sep 19 2007 |

marksimz

marksimz

Philippines

I agree with you on that Olechka. Indeed beauty is the magnet that attracts us whenever we meet a person the first time. as we go on knowing each other then brains would come in and somehow enhance that attraction. 

01:10 AM Sep 20 2007 |

_SMYRNA_

_SMYRNA_

Turkey

50% brain %50 beauty..:)

02:30 PM Sep 20 2007 |

marksimz

marksimz

Philippines

how bout this guys..

some would say that they would rather choose beauty because brains you can acquire through studying while physical beauty is something you are born with. if you are not beautiful then you cant change the way you look. hehehehehe! or maybe you can but that would entail going under the knife. which isnt your natural beauty anymore.  

11:52 PM Sep 20 2007 |

Bo-Gaber

Bo-Gaber

Saudi Arabia

A brain comes at the beginning .Imagine your self with a very beautiful wife ,but a crazy one ,how's the life's gonna be ?! of course she won't understand to make anything in the house without any order ,she won't understand how to take care of your daughter or son to be smart and happy which's the most important part of being married ,she won't understand how to deal with you very well and she won't understand how to solve problems,it's gonna be a terrible life .On the contrary if she's smart and ugly ,she'll pull you toward her side with her intelligence .she'll reflect you how beautiful is her by her intelligence ,from here I've chosen a brain to be #1. The more you're smart ,the more you get stronger.there's no life for idiot people ,they die easily.The life's always for the ones who're stronger .I hope you appreciate my point of view…. thank you ..

03:47 PM Sep 21 2007 |

A_C_S

A_C_S

Turkey

To me they are opposite facts.You rarely see both at the same person.You know everybody has got a disadvantage.

08:56 PM Sep 21 2007 |

marksimz

marksimz

Philippines

Wow! all your opinions are indeed true in one way or the other and i thank you for sharing them here. I have another question theory though. tell me what's your stand on this one.

THEORY: in having a long term relationship, it would be good to look for a partner that is ugly or not physically endowed because he or she will love you and will cling on to you more. make you the center of his or her life. Rather than a pretty or handsome person who can just easily dump you if he or she can find another person to his or her liking.

01:33 AM Sep 23 2007 |

manu84

manu84

Italy

I think a man must have both qualities..so 50/ beauty and 50/ brain..

08:24 AM Sep 23 2007 |

t k awan

t k awan

Pakistan

Beauty matters,because most of the beautifull girls are also have brains.

But when you buttering them they never use their brains.

Mostly men fell in love because of beauty not the brain.so beauty matters.

09:10 AM Sep 23 2007 |