Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meet Religions

kefah

kefah

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Hellow everybody

I believe that in this cute site there are many subscribers with many different riligions. I suggest everybody talks about a piont in one's religion that would be agreed upon among us. What matters here is respecting other's viewpoints.Start like this:

I am a (...)

(Muslem) 

To start with ,The first piont to talk about would be :the greeting of your religion

As a Muslem my greeting is :Al Salamu Alykom(peace be upon you)

The reply would be: Wa Alykom Alsalam(and upon you be peace)

06:38 AM Oct 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kefah

kefah

wow there have been some changes hereI missed u eagle and will be in touch as usual at our e-mails and yes I still have problems in net and they are serious ones I also have no time 'coase of work

Hi for new participants

Hellow lena I have no time but will say something to u related to the veil or Hejab for women:1- it is a principle that stands for what u believe in 2-it frees u from many things such as fashion(that does not mean not to  follow fashion at home)3- it keeps women out of the wolves (men with big eyes)sights 4-women feel their bodies are valuable and should be protected 'coase it is not that cheap to show it to whomever is …. is it  your( body) that cheap?!!!!!!!!

Related to men are allowed to marry four  women:1- there are rigid and restricted rules …...........first of all not all men are allowed even to marry one single woman 2 having 2 women is not the rule, it is the exception3-If a man is sure he would wrong and treat a woman badly ,whither she is the first or the fourth, he must not marry her ..it would be forrbidden for him4-getting married is of cases i,e. some men must not ,some must ,others should ,and others it would be good to them .anyway,5 LOGICALLY, imagine a man loves his wife as if his life but she does not beget kids and he really wants kids…......Is he to devorse his beloved dear wife and get another?! No …..he can keep her and remarry ,The same case would be if the woman gets a serious desease.Also u should know that devorse is lawful in Islam ,however God hates it the most.

Why not four men for one woman….........u may ask: the answer will be : A woman hates to serve one man ,less much four…..... This is of defferent levels including physically .Also ,{if a woman had sex with more than one man withen 3monthes, she will get many deseases including AIDS, that is why in Islam it is prohibited to get married after the death or devorse fron your husband in 3 monthes and ten days,and fornication(adultery} is forbidden}.see ?everythig has a reasonable reason

see you

03:31 PM Nov 01 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Greetings to Poland

aQ : why sould not the Pope or preists get marred???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03:58 PM Nov 01 2007 |

andromeda6

Colombia

what u talking about about?

04:13 PM Nov 01 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Eagle

first of all, it is not ok with me when u say "sack"......did not like it at all from your side

who said we do not like fasion?! we do love fashion and  women do not but love to follow fashion,,,,,,,,,,So it is not quite ok to follow fashion for us,it is VERYok. women do sport and you do not have to see them .these "sacks"u talk about are desighned to make u free not hot and unable to move…so I beg your pardon:DO NOT TALK ABOUT SOMETHING U DO NOT KNOW

Something important to realize:these clothes are not worn because of tradition ,they stand for one's principiles…..Not all muslem women wear it and they are not obliged to wear it. they can wear whatever they want as long as it dose not show size of body or shows what is under….To be continued ..busy 

06:29 PM Nov 01 2007 |

kefah

kefah

back again

Eagle: nobody told u not show ur bueaty .one may be handsome or beautiful but is mad or of destructive mentality or of bad behaviour…rude and got no civics…....so show your mind's beauty….that would be better

For the deseases, here we are not talking about quantity ,as u wrongly understood. we are talking about scince,u may ask any doc ,if two sperms are together in one womb what would happen?

And another thing that I forgot to mention, In non Islamic countries , to have one wife and one hundred lovers is ok but never got tow wives.related to the wife and her children, it is a foregone conclusion as ur laws protect their right 'cause they are married lawfully and kids are ligitemate ,but what about the lovers and their kids…......I gues they have no rights according to the law as they are not married and kids are illigetemate (law can not protect them or do anything to them , they are in their own)......so the man may kick them out any time and deny them. right? But in islamic counties,a man can not do that ,because all women got lawful rights that nobody can deny (women are protected by the law) Going back to the origion of the problem: why, in the first place ,do u have secret lovers? because normally, the number of men is much much more than the number of women,that is why u have lovers outside marriage as ur countries forbid multiple marriages….so, shall we forbid the other girls from their natural rights?To get married, being beloved wives ,and having kids?

08:11 PM Nov 01 2007 |

kefah

kefah

hellow rear eagle do not ask my forgiveness I am not at odds with u …......ok?

For the clothes ,nobody as I said obliged another to wear a particular thing. the women you heared are right but wrong. Even a man, I mean nobody can do perfect excircises with these clothes, but women are not to practice sport at the streets, they can do it at home or any closed area wearing whatever they wish even naked [ sorry for the expresion ,but one day I heard a non muslem person saying that she thought muslem women wear these clothes all the time,which made me laugh for an entire week] Do not say u belived it too?

For the sperms, u are so funny,KNOW WHY? the case u r talking about[ no 2 sperms 'cause the surface becomes tough] that happens immidiately after having sex, but here we are taking about a period extended within nearly 3 months, in which a women may get pregnant and confuses the father.aint that possible? 

07:42 AM Nov 02 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Sorry, my last text was not completed, electricity went out and most of the text gone….........so let me type it again, why would not u believe that the sperm stays for a while and do not vanish that quick…......ok ,forget about it ….suppose it makes no problem , Do u believe in your religion or not? in your religion, is or is not adultry forbidden? I guess it is, as in all God's religions,,,,, unless u say fornication is ok with u,which iam sure it is not. when a woman involves into an illegal sex, she may bring a bastard to the community. At a society level, we would create an army of basterds .Compare between a moslem socity and a non muslem one to see the number of illigetimate kids, Which I do not deny their existance here, KNOW WHY? 'CAUSE U R RIGHT. some people at any religion are hypocrites, belong to a religion just by name, miss around when nobody is watching,follow not the instructions of their religion, and finally disgrace their rligion.

09:09 AM Nov 02 2007 |

nonhaniente

Argentina

I think people have a religion 'cause they need something to believe…and i think all religions have many things in common and there aren't many Gods..it's the same, i think that Allah is just the same God in wich i believe, i'm cristian but there are many things that i don't share with my own religion, like why El vaticano has so much gold while there's people dying?....I just can't understand it…

Anyway, I'd like to learn some more about the Islam so..if you can teach me anything just do it..

05:34 PM Nov 28 2007 |

Komodia

Komodia

Chile

I'm atheist but some time ago I was really interested in the pagan "religion" called Wicca. I don't believe in goddesses or anything like that, but they have a very interesting point of view related to how we should treat other people:

"The basic universal rule of the Craft, which spans across most Wiccan/Pagan traditions is known as the Wiccan Rede An it harm none, do what thou will. This includes harming anyone by physical acts, spiritual/magickal acts, ill thoughts, or verbal attack. "Anyone" also includes your own self, and therefore you should do your best to live your life without performing any actions, giving in to any addictions, or giving in to any self generated physical, mental or emotional state of being which prevents you from living a happy, healthy and productive life."

Looks like perfect, doesn't it? 

06:38 PM Nov 28 2007 |