Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Meet Religions

kefah

kefah

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Hellow everybody

I believe that in this cute site there are many subscribers with many different riligions. I suggest everybody talks about a piont in one's religion that would be agreed upon among us. What matters here is respecting other's viewpoints.Start like this:

I am a (...)

(Muslem) 

To start with ,The first piont to talk about would be :the greeting of your religion

As a Muslem my greeting is :Al Salamu Alykom(peace be upon you)

The reply would be: Wa Alykom Alsalam(and upon you be peace)

06:38 AM Oct 16 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kefah

kefah

Peace to u eagle wings.

Thanks for sharing tips about ur religion with us.I am fine , thanks to Allah.what about u? as you asked me about war, I have to ask : where are u from? If I would speak about war, it would be an endless discusion, yet I LOVE this place as it is a sacred one and will never think of another.Think of it, if all people escaped because of war who is ganna defend home?. cu

03:11 PM Oct 17 2007 |

kefah

kefah

sure it does worth dying. Hey people : nobody wants to share us about other religions. Let us know about your creeds.

07:28 AM Oct 19 2007 |

kefah

kefah

ok but i have nothing on my mind now plz suggest something

09:14 AM Oct 19 2007 |

Yugin

Yugin

Ukraine

For instance it can be

How do you greet each other in your country?

or

What is the traditional greeting in your country? 

09:24 AM Oct 19 2007 |

kefah

kefah

hi yugin

thanx alot but u may suggest another one .As u see we are not going to talk just about greetings but also about many points at everybodies religion .The greeting was just a start

09:36 AM Oct 19 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Hi eaglewings

Great to hear from u.What i mean here is to talk about religions as systems. that is to say:Have a look to other religions. For instance, God in Islam Is called Allah:The One And Only. Allah Has also more than 99 other Beatiful Names .This is a point that we can talk about .In Christianity, what is ur belief in God? After that we may talk about prophets, the pillers of one's religion, what do u believe in, how do u pray, how many prayers do you have…etc.Get me? hope so.Now you can talk about God in your religion as another point in this forum.Let me hear from u? 

05:31 AM Oct 20 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Peace be upon u eaglewings

We have just talked about what we both think about God. Now let's talk about prophets. Our prophet is Mohammed (PBUH) also called Abu Al Qasim. The elites of Mecca used to call him the Truthful, the Trustworthy at the time. All that was before descovering that he became a prophet. The Jewish knew that there will be a  prophet but never thought he will come among Arabs but from them. Mohammed is the seal of prophets (the last ome) came to confirm what other prophets had come with. to talk about Mohammed, one needs books… it is a whole biography ,,,,u know.

02:13 PM Oct 20 2007 |

kefah

kefah

Related to what Muslims believe about Jesus (PBUH), we love him and bilieve in him 100%...if not we are not Muslems at all. why? ...u ask me?...I'll talk to u later about the pillars of being a True Believer , one of those pillars is to believe in all prophets. Jesus is the messenger who came right before Mohammed and he is one of the five chosen prophets among all prophets. Jesus predicted the ciming of a prophet called Ahmed (Mohammed). Allah sent Jesus to Jews and gave him the Bible(THe New Testament) to get them back to obey and worship Him. Jesus was sent to get people to what Allah Had revealed to Muses (PBUH)The Old Testament. Jesus, we believe for sure, was not crossified, the one who got crossified was another person that God had changed his shape to look like Jesus as a step to save Jesus from the hands of Jews who conspired to kill him….But God saved him by raising him up unto Him (into heaven) So, Jews think they killed him but in fact they did not. Allah Says in Qura'an: it was "made to apper to them so ".

Jesus is still alive and will come back to save humanity again. [BY THE WAY DO U KNOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN THE WORD MUSLEM?]

So, we do love Jesus and believe him and in what he came with from God as exactly as any other prophet because God sent all prophets to convey the same message to humanity: worship One God ,The One and Only :Allah.

Related to how we save our souls: every soul will be sole in the Hereafter; i,e. everybody is responsible for his/her deeds ,,, nobody is responsible for another. So Adam was responsible for himself . He repented and Allah forgave him, although He punished him by getting him out of paradise.

If people submitted to God and associated no partners to Him… No matter their sins were to fill the lofty regions of the sky, God will trivially and effortlessly forgive… But that does not mean we do not have to worship God as we we will be called to account for everything we do.

Very tall, isn't it? sorry … had to. Now ,what do u think and know about Mohammed and Jesus Peace Be Upon Them.

03:21 PM Oct 20 2007 |

kefah

kefah

HI to you too eaglewings. what ?won't u even say hellow? were u having a bad temper when u wrote all of these Qs? HaHa ha  ...............just kidding, hoping u do not mind.

first of all, u did not tell me what u believe. Now,... I have just wanted to talk about our religions without argument, which we are't, are we?, and I wanted to talk about einple points at least at this particular time. You are going far now, don't u think? It would be diffecult for u to hear what I will say but will say it anyway as u asked (don't blame me, it will be complix but simple at the same time)

It is well-known that Jesus predicted the coming of Mohammed in the Bible.Why I said God sent Jesus?... becuase people tampered with the Old Testament that Moses came with and so they did with the New Tastement. That is why God sent Mohammed .I know this is something u do'nt believe, but what u have read is not the origional version. How do I know? for me , I am not that type of persons who take things for granted, I always search for evidences,and I'm telling u I have never found tow contradictory words in the Qura'an.Why people changed their Holly Books?God made them responsible and made them in charge of keeping their Holly Books but they changed, altered, tampered, and hid parts of it. The part predicting the coming of Mohammed is bieng one, That is why God undertook to keep the last Holly Book Himself from being changed. Evedences ,meracles and predictionsin Qura'an that happened, is happening ,and is still to happen prove Its validity. ( we may talk about this later…keep it simple now.will u? Now iam just answeing ur ?s as an emergancy…)

For Adam and Eve, they were both in the same boat,i,e. they got forgiveness after they had asked for it .The only fault was Satan's who tempted them to eat from the forbidden tree and they obeyed him but repented later. It is all mentioned in Qura'an( and let me tell u somthing about Qurra'an's policy: It never mintions a prophet's sin untill It mentions his repentance)

Related to the innocent man, thinking he is, look to the following points:

1-why should God punish all humanity for one man's sin(Adam) would u be satisfied with that? How big is his sin to need blood for redemption.Is it that big? God forgives every sin unless it is worshipping other gods beside Him or rather than Him

2- Why should God kill an innocent man (Jesus) because of another's sin (Adam) which leads us later to the fourth point.do'nt worry I am not contradicting myself.(ps:In hummans legislations no man is charged for another's crime, much less in God's Law).

3-Imagine that there was no Jesus, how would u be redeemed?

4-THe man who got crossified was not innocent at all ,he was one of the conspirring plotting men against Jesus peace be upon him . So he met what he deserved.(God is Just)

Muslem means a person who submits to Allah, obeys Allah ,and commits his/her affairs to Allah.

What will happen to me after death is but God knows .I try to do what God tells me to in order to avoid His anger and Hell, hoping He will forgive me for my sins as He can do that easily if willing to/ seeeeeeee u later.

04:15 AM Oct 21 2007 |

YATO

YATO

Bahrain

same here

am muslim

our greeting is Al Salamu Alaikoum, and the answer is Wa Alaikoum Al Salam

and as you translate it 

09:32 AM Oct 21 2007 |