Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

How must a relationship be?

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi everyone,

What is your opinion about this topic?Would you please share your mind with me?

Thanks. :)Zeus

08:48 PM May 30 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Well, I think the trust, respect, and being honest, patience, and above all love are important in a relationship, and make it possible to go to next phase. Do not take everything for granted. For me, I just realized that just a couple of years ago after being in a marriage for over ten years. Have a good day. Sherry

02:01 AM May 31 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Sherry,

Thank you very much for your concern to this topic.I agree with you but would you please tell me what about be jealous.If you write me a few sentences about this I'll be happy.

Bye the way I'm happy to hear that good news about your marriage.I hope Your happiness will always go on like this.Take care.Bye Zeus :)

09:15 PM May 31 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Well, being jealous is quite common in a relationship, as this love is kinda exclusive.  Being a bit jealous is normal and not a bad thing, but being too much is a red flag in a relationship and needs to figure out why it happens.  It is actually an insecure feeling about one's relationship. 

Has your partner or you done anything that made you/her feel like that way? or you/she are/is so unsocial and do not have friends to hang out, and want her/you to spend all free time around you/her, and you/she feel jealous when she hangs out with her friends?Anyway, if she is the reaon or you are the cause for the other side's being insecure, have a open talk, and figure out the way to solve the issues.  If being jealous is without any reasons, just can not help it, then I think it is possible about sel-esteem, then self-confidence is something you/she have/has to pick up, and a healthy relationship should make one feel more confident of oneself not lower instead.   

Since you did not give out more details, so I can only say my personal views based on general situations.  If you want to have a further discussion, you are so welcome.  Wish good luck and thanks.

Sherry

02:15 AM Jun 01 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Sherry,

Thanks again for your concern to my question.

Actually,I don't have any problem about this topic but I used to.I'm divorced.The problem was this at our relationship.I'm honestly,I was in  love her ofcourse she was also in  love me but after we got married she began to be jealous of me everytime.You are right she always used to want to spend all free time aroun me and she didn't used to want anybody around us.Can you think like that a life?When I asked her why you were jealous of me,she used to answer me always like this''because I love you,a person who loves the other one, must be jealous of their rartner''I told her''I love you but I'm not jealous of you because I trust you and according to your opinion I don't love you because I'm not jealous of you,Am I?''

Anyway,We couldn't solve this problem and I offered to go to a psychiatrist to take advice to her,and after three or four conversation she accepted it and we went but after two seances she gave up.Then after tree monts she began to do same behaviours even she was jealuos of me from my parents (You can believe me even from my nephew and niece)Then I wanted to go to the other psychiatrist and we went again same thing she gave up.Anyway I understood she didn't has any self-confidence we talked about this subject but our relationship had begun to go to bad way and exactly that time she was pregnant I was happy but she didn't want to have a kid because of her carreer I could understand her worry but she had given it up without to talk with me ( I mean curettage).You know I gave up to have a child because I was in love.But everthing was going to bad and my life was a hell.And I told her that I didn't want to have a relationship like this and we divorced.Anyway I hope I won't have a relationship like that but still I'm afraid of a bit of a new relataionship.

Thank you very much again to go shares with me this topic.Take care.Bye :)

09:58 PM Jun 01 2006 |

sherryleio

sherryleio

China

Thank you to share with me your past relationship.  Maybe you are too attractive towards others, they's why your ex always had an inscure feeling about your relationship. Joking.  Anyway it is important to work out together to make a relationship work, no matter the trust issue, or anything else. Wish you good luck with your new future relationship.  Be well and take care. Sherry

01:39 AM Jun 02 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi,

Thanks for this meaningful conversation.I hope we'll meet  at an another topic.Take care.Nice to meet you.Bye Zeus :)

Attractive, Me!(I don't think so)

11:12 AM Jun 02 2006 |

Musya

Musya

Ukraine

So, I can say, a man needs to allow be itself!!!! But we forget about it constantly especially when we in love… It is possible if we will remember about it, relationship will be honest, full love and respect :-)))

11:21 AM Jun 05 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Musya,

Thanks for your answer but not only men all people need to allow be theirself know what I mean.Everbody  wants to have a spare time for make some their hobbies or whatelse.

But our subject isn't this,If you are marriage there are some duties that  you have to fulfil.If you don't want to make all of them you won't get married.For example; to have a child,to be honest,not to be jealous,to show understanding etc.If a couple do these at that time their marriage be successful.

Anyway,thanks again for your concern.Take care.Bye Zeus :)

08:07 PM Jun 05 2006 |

Musya

Musya

Ukraine

Zeus 2006! How you could to bethink of me :))) Of course I did not mean men only, I mean man people.
So, why your theme is named – how must a relationship be? You would add – in marriage.
But anyway thanks for your attention :))
Bye-bye

07:18 AM Jun 06 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Musya,

Thanks again.This guestion is correct because I ask all relationship not only in marriage.But you told before actually it was your first sentence'' a man needs to allow be itself'' and I told you not only man everybody (men and women) needs to allow be itself in their relationship.Take care.Bye Zeus :)

07:57 PM Jun 06 2006 |