Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Have you ever been in Istanbul

makifakat

makifakat

Turkey

Istanbul is Turkey's most populous city, and its cultural and economic center. It is located on the Bosphorus strait, and encompasses the natural harbor known as the Golden Horn (Turkish: Haliç), in the northwest of the country. Istanbul extends both on the European (Thrace) and on the Asian (Anatolia) side of the Bosphorus, and is thereby the only metropolis in the world which geographically is situated on two continents.

In 2000 Census, population is 8,803,468 (city proper) and 10,018,735 (province), making it, by some counts, one of the largest cities in Europe. The census bureau estimate for July 20, 2005 is 11,322,000 for the province, which is generally considered as the metropolitan area, making it one of the twenty largest metropolitan areas in the world. The city is located at 41° N 28° E, and is the capital of Istanbul Province. Istanbul is chosen as the European Capital of Culture for 2010. Istanbul is nicknamed "The City on Seven Hills" because the historic peninsula which is the oldest part was built on seven hills, also represented with seven mosques, one at the top of each hill.     

06:24 PM Jul 26 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Very nice , very useful sites to visit .

You are doing a great job !!!

Thank you 

05:03 PM Aug 04 2006 |

xiaomeng4140

China

i'll go there if i have money….

now china is a place we r walking on eggshells…

it's soooooo tough…...

01:28 PM Aug 10 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

yes! yes! yes! I even work in Istanbul! Yes, this is a beautiful city! I like it! But it very difficulte to live here if you russin girl…

06:29 AM Aug 12 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Kinski,

I guess,You are in Istanbul.When I saw your photo here I thought you were a child :) You look like a child.Because of this I was surprise  anyway,Would you please tell me why Russin Girls live or work very difficulte in Istanbul?Actually I know what you mean :(

Take care.Bye.Zeus :) 

03:21 PM Aug 12 2006 |

Altar

Altar

Turkey

its hard live alone especially if u are a girl and living in a big city…Istanbul is more safety than New York or other mega cities…so dont afraid and come to the Istanbul((:

I WISH A WORLD WITHOUT WARS TO ALL((:

03:36 PM Aug 12 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Hi, zeus2006!

Yes, I look very young… from one side it is good. But from another… It gives me additional problems in private life… but this separately subject J

So, about Russian girl in Istanbul… I think you understand correct… Unfortunately, people here mostly think that all Russian girl is prostitute… it hurt me. No, at work people very polite (in other case I couldn’t work here). I tell about whole opinion…

And Altar, you are right, Istanbul more safety, then New York. Even then Moscow J

04:22 PM Aug 12 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

o, zeus, just now I have seen – you are from Istanbul? may be you can to persuade me that not all so bad  as I think :)?

04:59 PM Aug 12 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

Hi Kinski,

Thanks for your answer.Please don agry with them who think like that about Russian girls.A couple weeks ago me and my friends discussed this subject.Yes some Turkish men think like that but,first off all Russian girls came here for that(I don't want to use that word)I can understand them because life was very expensive in Russia and many people came to Turkey for works from Romania,Russia,Moldavia etc.most of these young ladies prefered that work for money because it was very easy.Anyway,I mean Some Turkish men think like that not all or most of them.Please don't misunderstand us.

I guess you are in Istanbul,I undertood like that from your words.Please tell me When you walk on the street Is there any one who disturb you for it?I don't think so.If you want (ofcourse not you), you show some figures to them, and they understand,you want to do that work.

Please forgive me.I didn't want to write about that subject to you but you wanted me to persuade about this subject and I tried it.I guess It was enough.

Take care.Be happy and Healthy.BYE :)

08:44 PM Aug 12 2006 |

kinski

kinski

Turkey

Thank you, Zeus, for response. Yes, I’m in Istanbul now.

Unfortunately, you are right. It cruel truth of life…

No, I don’t have such a problems. I’m look not like that. Just 1-2 may be unpleasant precedent during 3.5 years. No any serious problem. But whole opinion about us make difficult to create a normal relationship in this country.    

And I always feel as a stranger here…

06:40 AM Aug 13 2006 |

zeus2006

zeus2006Super Member!

Turkey

I'm happy for that I mean about unpleasent behaving 

ı guess this board is very late for us to talk about something with eachother I want to chat with you everytime because of this if you accept I want to give my msn address to you.

msn address:

Take care.Be happy and healthy.BYE :)

12:55 PM Aug 13 2006 |