Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

FREEDOM

bjoosta

bjoosta

Poland

Erich From said: "Freedom is possible only when you aren't  involved in any orders". If you want be free, you must be undependent on culture, other people, things, ideas… This might lead to loneliness. What do you think- isn't it too high price to be free? Or, maybe Fromm was mistaken?

12:05 PM Jul 29 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

raed

raed

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Yes you are right 100%

01:52 PM Jul 31 2006 |

allengao

allengao

China

free is not independent.It's  opposit.

When you go out for a trip,and when you walk alone in a holl ,and so on

then you are free,and you can clear your mind ,keep it out of every thing incloud the person you really care, and the person whom was loved by you,and who help you ever,and now ,you may be a free one .

but when you need care and when you need someone's touch ,and when you need somebody comfort your soul.

you will fine what the true meaning of free,indeed ,it's a wonderful thing for every peolpe here.

08:48 AM Aug 01 2006 |

hima20202

hima20202

Egypt

we must thank god that we are free…....and that we  are not like palastinian people or lebanonSmile

09:43 PM Aug 01 2006 |

Altar

Altar

Turkey

freedom=Turks Turks lived only 40 years under control of another nation in more than 2000 years…

its very big honour die for FREEDOM and be MARTYR 

09:57 PM Aug 01 2006 |

allengao

allengao

China

every country need it's own right to be free,

many more martyr fight for freedom,and just as everyone know ….it's worth to do ,even dedicae life!

01:36 AM Aug 02 2006 |

bigmama

bigmama

Spain

Hello Boojosta,

I admire your profession and I think you really like helping people . You are helping us to reflect  on such a deep topic  : Freedom.

Fromm was not mistaken of course . ( My favourite is " The Art of Loving " ) 

We are alone when we have to choose , it is our own decision , others can influence of course but at the moment of choosing it's only yourself .

I think it is wonderful to know we are free when we can make an election …we are responsible for this and we become autonomous …

I would like to finish with two Mahatma Gandhi's quotations " I want freedom for the full expression of my personality"  and  " You can chain me, you can torture me , you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind "

Greetings to you all 

08:01 PM Aug 03 2006 |

Phoebe Xu

Phoebe Xu

China

Freedom is not  aboslute libety. It is relate to law and morality. People must abide by legality and morality.

07:34 AM Aug 04 2006 |

DeX

DeX

Germany

Absolute freedom mocks at justice. Absolute justice denies freedom. To be fruitful, the two ideas must find their limits in each other.

Albert Camus…

06:55 PM Aug 21 2006 |

Nataliya

Nataliya

Ukraine

I remember once I read that freedom is when you allow athers to be free, independent in everything. i agree. when you accept the world as it is, do what you think is right but at the same time don't try to change the world and people, you  are free.

10:56 PM Aug 24 2006 |