Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

why is my english so poor?

nikisuper

China

i have learned english for16 years,but i can only read,not dare to speak,can not wtite!
how can i do?

03:42 AM Mar 08 2006 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

kinzalara

Pakistan

i same cae here i wan to improve my englush so tell me thae process and help me

11:00 PM May 10 2006 |

skybird

skybird

China

why is our enlish, oral or written, so poor after years’ practice. i think it is not the matter of the time,but the method.
if we really want to improve your english,we should set a target and get it done. then ,the higher one, one by one.
pherhaps there are some spelling errors in my answer, please tell me where they are. just like this, we can improve it. good luck!

05:12 AM May 11 2006 |

Inga_K

Inga_K

Russian Federation

“Perhaps” is more correct, I guess. I learnt new expresiion from your reply- “set a target”. You are very positive, I like it. Thank you!

06:58 AM May 11 2006 |

marina628

China

we shold listen more and speake more !we ‘ve studied english for mang years, but we can’t say fluntly english , becase we use it very little .when i meet a foreinger ,i want to say hello to him .but i can’tknow how to impress my self so stop it .that why i join this club,let us make a great progress together!

07:09 AM May 11 2006 |

Inga_K

Inga_K

Russian Federation

You are right, Marina. The biggest problem is communication
and practice. YOu know if I don’t communicate on my native language for some time, I express myself hardly either, no
matter I have been speaking this language all my life.

07:29 AM May 11 2006 |

skybird

skybird

China

Yeah, let’s be together on the way!
hi, marina628, where are you from?
‘listen and speak more and more’ is not difficult.
Image, you can put up a question and answer it by yourself, don’t avoid the difficulty when speaking in english.It proves that it is a good method. try it.
when you encouter a foreigner,
speak aloud, don’t hesitate.
he or she will smile and say hello to you. it’s great.
good luck!

07:34 AM May 11 2006 |

marina628

China

hi,skybird.thank you very much for your advice. i feel more confident now. i’m form china .what about you ?
i want to comunate with others but sometimes i feel confuessed . if you smile to life ,life is smile to you.it’s a mirror.

02:15 AM May 12 2006 |

marina628

China

yeah, the circumstant is very important.
but if i meet few forrenger and there is no english speaker .i don’t want to open my mounth.
so i must to try my best to use it more and more .maybe speake to myself.
thank you to join me! let us be friend.

02:22 AM May 12 2006 |

skybird

skybird

China

i’m glad to be your friend and also from china.

03:08 AM May 12 2006 |

kinzalara

Pakistan

thks.so plz tell wot will b the 1st step to improve my english tell me the and sooooooon i want to start writing learning and especially speaking power so plz be with me and help in proper way.and give me practice and take my daily test and improve me.thkss…reply me soon waiting

03:29 AM May 12 2006 |