Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

ISLAM - the peaceful religion...

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

Our prophet Mohammed(s.a.s) , used to say to his soldiers to be merciful , not to kill any woman, child , an old man , monk , chaplain, not to destroy any land.Muslims  salute each other with " Peace for you " ..   I hope that the world will realize that Islam is the peaceful religion…

05:14 PM Oct 17 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gkisseberth

Germany

people will understand that more quickly when people who profess to be Muslims stop committing acts of violence in the name of their religion. 

05:32 PM Oct 17 2008 |

hakimu

Kenya

It is high time the world had realised the beauty in Islam's peace.Many peole are 'polluted' by the America policies and attitude towards the true reigion of Allah.

Islam preaches peace from the greetings,its policies about fairness in the ummah since without fairness there shall not prevail peace.

besides,one has to have clear knowledge about Islam so as to comment on anything.Mark you,don't be blinded by what people speak negatively about Islam.

Asaalam.

06:18 PM Oct 17 2008 |

Lord_Raven

Lord_Raven

Slovakia

Keni maybe its in fact peaceful religon,but there are so many people who makes terrible things in the name of this ˇpeacefulˇ religion..(yeah i know that christians and jews were doing the same,but it also wasnt right)...I think we should not make diifference between peaceful and aggressive religion,but only between peaceful and aggressive people…i think in followers of every religion you can find wise people and also absolute idiots..

07:17 PM Oct 17 2008 |

M_honor

M_honor

Lebanon

True peace is not fighting, even when attacked, even when there is a gun in your face, it is turning the other cheek.  Look at Martin Luther King, or Gandhi

i read that you support isreal then you speak about peace even when attacked,

we talk about reality not philosophy, i understand from you that if i came and torture you, kill your parents, rape your sister, you will in simple kiss me, right?

read about what unbelievers do in muslims in the beginning of islam before talking,,

06:51 AM Oct 18 2008 |

javamanju

javamanju

India

It is high time the world had realised the beauty in Islam's peace.Many peole are 'polluted' by the America policies and attitude towards the true reigion of Allah. 

Why blame US? When have they told that Islam is evil?

Blaming US for every thing is the most convenient Excuse. Why don;t people lead by examples. how many Maulanas have issued fatwa against terrorism? Has any Maulana given real solutions to problems ?

US have Issues with certain contries , why do you want to equate it to war on Islam. When Iraq is attacked people calaim that they are hurt, Will the same people fell "hurt" when say North Korea is attacked?

Don;t shed Crocodile tears. How many people have gone on protest for non-functional govts in Middle east? Iraq, Palestine is a convenient way to deflect "real issues" like developement.

Do you know that US is the biggest donor to Palestine? An American can convert to Islam with out fear, Can a muslim convert to Christianity or bhuddism in Saudi with out fear?

A one sided story is very convinent to hear, Know the complete story.

PS: I neither support US occupation of Iraq, nor their wars.

@M_honor:

Please also read about what muslims do to the "unbeliever" in the name of Islam. Islam is also a philosophy.

Who do you think is a unbeliever?

Islam might be peaceful, But the question is are the people following Islam peaceful? Well majority are peaceful.

Yes all religions have extreamism, The % of extreamist is higher in Islam. 

Religion is not what is written in a book, Religion is what is practiced.

07:17 AM Oct 18 2008 |

TAKFARINAS

TAKFARINAS

Tunisia

True peace is not fighting, even when attacked, even when there is a gun in your face, it is turning the other cheek.

It cannot be attained with soldiers and war, only with love, wisdom, and compassion.  We may not be close to realizing this dream, but we should not let it go.

Do u think u r living with angels?

08:32 AM Oct 18 2008 |

shadow-man

shadow-man

Algeria

levicantu as you said that chritians didn't use soldiers i just want to ask you what do you say about the the Crusades  or ( the holy war ) ?

11:40 AM Oct 18 2008 |

l.pharaoh

l.pharaoh

Egypt

Read history , musilem not killed People

only soldier cos they try to distory and kill too, musilems try to defence themselves in begining and try to give this world the meaning of freedom

they are many things , you can understand well , if you want to know,

if you not want , i think noway to let you understand

Just peace for you

03:13 PM Oct 18 2008 |

Keni

Keni

Azerbaijan

to levicantu:

In Cristianity, Jesus taught His  followers that if  someone struck you, you turned you face to let him to hit your other cheek. If someone stole you shoes, give him your jacket as well. Show love to your enemies, love them as yourself, love them as you would God.

Here is something from Quran:

[Quran 6:151] “...You shall not kill — ALLAH (GOD) has made life sacred — except in the course of justice. These are His commandments to you, that you may understand.”   

[Quran 5:32] “...we decreed for the Children of Israel that anyone who murders any person who had not committed murder or horrendous crimes, it shall be as if he murdered all the people. And anyone who spares a life, it shall be as if he spared the lives of all the people. ...”   

[Quran 2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who believes in ALLAH (GOD), and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

03:19 PM Oct 18 2008 |