Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

people feel lonely despite that they have cell phones, emails and voice mails....why?

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

I remember once a time i was walking with one of my friends in a park when his cell phone rang, interrupting our coversation. There they were talking and talking on a beautiful sunny day , i became invisible , absent from the conversation…....

Alienation index goes up as the communication technology advances…..People have cell phone , email and voice mails in hand but still feel lonely…..why?

Do you have such experiences before?

07:15 AM Mar 26 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

zivon263

zivon263

China

sometimes i feel depressed and want to find someone to talk with,however it often come to that point that i search my phone contacts again and again but find nobody to send message or others.and then i feel more despair.

02:18 PM Mar 26 2007 |

black"n"blue

Saudi Arabia

in fact xxfatyxx  i dont think so …. i am so happy when i dont have to see people .. that hapens to me"the part of getting lonly and depresed when i have no time for my self ..

like in the week i go to school i cant wait untel the tow weekend days to be alone in those tow days i dont go out i dont see people and when people call me i try to avoid myy phone … you see and i am so happy i am not like the other people that feel lonly and have to take it out on ther friends its very easy.. you should try it …

06:07 PM Mar 26 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Face-to-face communication is better than cell phones, emails and voice mails.

04:45 AM Mar 29 2007 |

wendy wang

wendy wang

China

Face-to-face communication is better than cell phones, emails and voice mails.

04:45 AM Mar 29 2007 |

joe1979

joe1979

China

i think in a short time these high-tech communicating ways bring you convenience and short the distance between you and your friends,but we ignore that it is just a equipment duiring communicating ,it will filter the emotion ,it will extend the gap between you and your friends

04:58 AM Mar 29 2007 |

Catrachita

Catrachita

Honduras

People who don’t have God in their hearts often experienced loneliness.
fatty you’re messed up girl!

04:52 PM Mar 29 2007 |

truefin

truefin

Japan

feeling lonely is something natural as long as you dont express your true self to others and of course there are many things to highlight about this point, we might know some while other might be known by those who experienced it .

05:03 PM Mar 29 2007 |

Maple_zhang

China

when you feel unhappy, pour out to your friends, then you can feel good.

05:24 AM Mar 30 2007 |

paul liu

China

sometimes that the cell phone and email makes me feel not loney at all

07:41 AM Mar 30 2007 |

aljensen

aljensen

United States

Perhaps communication technology makes communication too easy and too cheap, therefore people don't value it.

In the past, people would sometimes have to wait weeks to get a letter from a loved one.

Now, they get emails or phone calls right away. 

05:07 AM May 02 2008 |