Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Chinese, why are you celebrating the 60Th anniversary of Communist dictatorship?

:-(

India

Western press says that Mao killed 10 millions people and he was a womaniser and lot more….

Why are you celebrating Communist dictatorship then? Was not Mao the worst chapter in Chinese history? Had it been Cheng Ki Shek in 1949, with backing of US, would not it have been a better place to live in China then? 

Do you admire Western model of Democracy?

It is international forum. You need not fear that monster communists. You may express your self freely.

04:54 PM Oct 04 2009 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@Lév0&g
t;

we should respect peoples ideas.if they like Mao and comunist system.thats ok

It helps to be consistent.

08:19 AM Oct 07 2009 | Reply

<Lév0&g
t;

Turkey

my friend if I live in Israel Iam sure they will try to kill me or hurt me also.Israel goverment system,law system,army is relly stupit.Stupit smaal a cauntry thing they are most powerfull kingdom of the middle east.Thats real stupit

05:04 PM Oct 08 2009 |

India

Ophilia,

U make me more curious.

U are a Chinese…OK…and U like MAO? Even knowing that he killed over 10 Million ppl there and he used to abuse women.

Please don't take it personally..I just want to know ? Do you mean to say that it is all propaganda?

Can you state some reasons, specifically, why u like him at all?

11:23 PM Oct 08 2009 |

Saladeen

Saladeen

Pakistan

For having taste of China, before and after revolution,read "Wild Swans", true story of three daughters of China, encompassing a tale of three generations of same family. Hope you would love it!  

An exciting tale of three generations spanning the end of old China, Chinese Revolution, Mao regime and Japanese occupation.

For synopsis below is a wiki link:

Wild Swans – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

06:53 AM Oct 09 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

:-(: Just the same as I can't figure out why Indian ppl respect Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi so much and tolerate the present hierarchy in India,why there are so many ppl worship jesus and Mo-hammed, Why Americans love George Washington and Jefferson who killed so many Indians (Native Americans), I don't think you can understand why there are so many chinese people respect Mao.

I can tell you the reason but I am sure you will refute that I am brainwashed. So I don'tthink I am great enough to change your opinion towards Mao…I am just a common Chinese.

10:16 AM Oct 09 2009 |

ophilia

ophilia

China

MemoTheHu
n
: you are Hitler. save your energy to wake yourself up. Nonsense.

10:18 AM Oct 09 2009 |

India

I can tell you the reason but I am sure you will refute that I am brainwashed. So I dont think I am great enough to change your opinion towards Mao…I am just a common Chinese.

No..ophilia, I wouldn't. I just want to make a discussion.

I respect ur right of opinion.  It is not matter of changing anyone's opinion, it is simple exchange of views. It is true that Mao was ur leader so it is entirely ur internal matter but as you he was an international figure, even today he is. Even in my country, every other day, we read his name in papers.

I just want to see the 'other' side of the coin.

11:28 AM Oct 09 2009 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

MemoTheHu
n
: you are Hitler. save your energy to wake yourself up. Nonsense.

oh ya.. thx  for the nice response. have you already planned where to flee?

12:06 PM Oct 09 2009 |

kingkangstar

China

Why we celebrate it?WHAT silly question you are asking. it only suggest you such a fool why you don.t ask why west countries invade our land now we are enjoying our life
you are so upset.
we are living up yet you are behind here i want to say we chinese won,t be aggressive as those countries like japan germany
they lauched world wars we owe others nothing so please respect the choice of pepple stop misjudging my country.i love my country more than you do so have a bigger say so ples do your own things stop hurting my motherland
no one can stop the progress westerner don,t have to be afraid
if they do that.s because they had inglorious past to invade china

12:14 PM Oct 09 2009 |

India

kingkangstar,

Man, don't be so aggressive.

BTW, I appreciate ur love for ur motherland.

It is true that you and Vietnamese could rebuff the imperialists in way that anyone would envy.

But my point was not that.

12:28 PM Oct 09 2009 |