Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

What the different about JEWS and ZIONIST?

fadhilanwar

Indonesia

I belief all religion is teach and conduct us to love, peace, and respect each other. Now, i want to ask, Is Jews and Zionist same? Is Jews domineering Jerussalem and all of Palestinian land?

05:50 AM Mar 03 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

do you know when you apply Torah, is when it suit you, when it doesn't, you don't look into it.

If you apply Torah, we would appreciate that, but you don't.

You don't know the Torah. And many parts you would not like anyway.

Yes, Jews are a 'chosen people', that is what the Torah says, but it doesn't make you like it any better.

you keep hide things that you don't like and don't show it to the world.

You make up things that I apparently 'don't like', then say that I'm hiding it.

How can I answer such nonsense?

so, when will you apply your relgion, or you just pretend that you're a good jow?

yourself, do you apply torah, do you pay like tax (zakat in Islam)!!!

Jews do not live in Islamic lands anymore, and will be not be paying the dhimmi tax. What exactly does that have to do with the Torah?

I apply my religion as best I can. 

Here's my question to you then: How do I not apply it? What exactly is the part where you say Jews are not following the Torah? How about some concrete examples?

A jew if he think that he will get killed in a war, he won't go ahead, we we're not.

Tell that to the thousands of Jewish and Israeli soldiers that have given their lives.

If this is some pathetc way of getting me angry, its not going to work. Israelis are brave and risk their lives every day defending their country. The same can't be said for many other nations of the world. Every Jewish and Druze Israeli does military service.

So base what you say on something tangible.

that is the deffirence between us and you, we're brave and not afraid of death, and you're sceared from the death, and I don't need to give exemples.

As the rockets from Gaza, the sniping of civilians, usage of suicide bombers against innocent civilains all proves. What brave heroes, really.

If they're so brave, fight the troops, not the civilians.

I mean the mosques and so on, not normal lands..

If the mosques are built right on top of the sites..

Jews are not wolcome in all our lands, only after the end of Israel and recognize of our rights, and sure who is not Zionists and not against our rights, he can visit, as some jews do in algeria from time to time, tunisia and morroco.

Well then it's sealed. Jews will not be able to visit the sites there, and Muslims from abroad will not be able to visit Jerusalem until a peace deal is signed.

they brouth the same ways to torturing people and methods of hurting and destructions, agreessive poeple.

If the Jews learned aggression from anyone, it would have been the Arabs, who had been invading and killing them for the previous decades.

this life is only for test and a step fr the next life, to see who is good from not.

Another part of Christianity and Islam which has no basis in Judaism.

To me it is sort of a pathetic excuse that priests can give their laymen to explain why their life is so pathetic. But go ahead and believe that if you want.

02:53 PM Mar 12 2010 |

mo on

mo on

India

Judaism is a Godliness, Zionism is materialism. Zionists try to clothe their materialism in the cloth of religion, but it is false and criminal.

08:17 AM Mar 13 2010 |

mo on

mo on

India

Jews have been misled by the tremendous power of the propaganda machine of Zionism and through their intimidation and terror of Zionism. Zionists have gripped control of the media, and through the media, confused and integrated the Torah into the Zionist belief. With false intepertations of verses of the Torah, they have confused the truth of the Torah.

08:19 AM Mar 13 2010 |

mo on

mo on

India

I can only say that the Torah requires a Jew to sanctify God's name by speaking out against the desecration of God's name, which means a Jew must speak out against Zionism. Also, the Jewish religion and the Torah are being desecrated because the Jews are being accused of lack of compassion and murder.

08:22 AM Mar 13 2010 |

mo on

mo on

India

In the Jewish religion, there is no bias to the Muslims or their religion, and we don't know of a bias of the Jews to the Muslims. The only issue is yes Zionism or no Zionism, and the Zionists want to portray a picture of a conflict between the Jewish and Muslim religion, and the Jewish people and the Muslim people. But this is false. On the contrary, we know that the Muslim people and Islam are not in opposition to the Jewish people or their religion, and vice versa.

08:23 AM Mar 13 2010 |

mo on

mo on

India

I hope people must understand the Judaism and Zionist 

08:24 AM Mar 13 2010 |

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

don't say that, because i'm laughing at you. they fight behide their materials, and they do not risk their lives.

what a bitch! palestinean people risk israelis lives everyday and he is laughing at fabien. why don't you guys stop talking about this shit. it is beaten, and i can't see anything else at my notifications box.

03:08 PM Mar 13 2010 |

MarcoArmaniBRA

Brazil

we are friends now buddy.

but i don't know which steps you are talking about.

anyway… glad to receive your friend request.

03:27 PM Mar 13 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@meon

Zionism has different definitions depending on who you talk to. To me Zionism means the right of Jews to settle in their ancestral homeland and live there as was the case 3000 years ago. 

Every other definition is clearly skewed or partisan. Again, I don't have anti-Zionist Jews or Arabs define what Zionism to me, but use my own judgement based on the ideology.

Zionism is not a religion, but the political ideology for the creation of a Jewish State in Israel, which has its base in the Torah.

Zionists have gripped control of the media, and through the media, confused and integrated the Torah into the Zionist belief.

A nice excuse to explain why the media isn't sympathetic towards your viewpoint.

I see enough criticism in the media about Israel to come to the conclusion that Zionists control nothing.

I can only say that the Torah requires a Jew to sanctify God's name by speaking out against the desecration of God's name, which means a Jew must speak out against Zionism.

Nice copy-pasting from the Neturei Karta website.

Of course you'll parrot what it says. The truth is Judaism does not at all contradict Zionism and the creation of a Jewish state.

Judaism further, if these people that wrote this followed it properly, would speak out against people that speak ill and lies against other Jews and side with their enemies. But of course that is the part of Judaism that the maybe 300 members of the NK prefer to ignore.

there is no bias to the Muslims or their religion, and we don't know of a bias of the Jews to the Muslims.

Judaism is favourable to Islam, Zionism is indifferent.

he only issue is yes Zionism or no Zionism, and the Zionists want to portray a picture of a conflict between the Jewish and Muslim religion, and the Jewish people and the Muslim people.

I don't see Zionists portraying the conflict this way, but only radical Islamic clerics who call for the slaughter of Jews in fiery sermons.

I hope people must understand the Judaism and Zionist

I don't think you, or the poster of this topic have any clue about what either of these mean, Judaism or Zionism.

12:43 AM Mar 14 2010 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

and we have talked about the parts that looks misded, and imposible to believe in.

You didn't bring up anything satisfactory at all to prove that the Torah has not been kept properly, only nitpicking on verses that you intentionally try to distort from its implied meaning.

I find it funny when Muslims tell US that we've corrupted and revised scriptures, when Islam itself is the biggest revisionist and falsifier of all.

but when they took the wrong way time after another, they lost this level, and Allah got angry at them to the last day.

And that contradicts the Torah which does not talk about the covenant ever being cut off. It consistently says that retribution will happen, but that Gd never forgets his people, and will return them once they repent.

Again, this another point where I can see freely that Muslims, and by definition YOU, do not understand that Torah, but merely see it through the lense of the Quran.

sorry, Jews pay something similar like Zakat in Islam, you have something similar to it, but I don't remember its name, I was asking if you pay it or not!! that is all.

Tzedakah.

I do whenever I can, but should always do more.

If you see how they live and what they do as sins and torrible things, you will find out that they don't appply. Jews like the life and satisfy their needs and desires.

That's a crass generaliztion and is about as valid as me saying Muslims do not follow their religion because some of them don't.

I know many Jews that live and breathe the Torah lifestyle and do their best. Others don't but try in their own way. As someone who considers himself Orthodox, there is one way I believe that Judaism should be practiced, as worked out by the written and oral Torah, and try to live by it, but sometimes I fall short. as I'm only human.

Jews that aren't religious need to find their way, and that is their mission and their soul's path. That is why there are so many Jewish rabbis and organizations that specialize in something called 'kiruv', bringing Jews that don't practice back to Judaism.

For you to generalize about a people and a situation that you know little about is ridiculous. As in every other religion, some follow it properly, some don't.

yeahhh, I saw them how they cry like women!

How cheap. Jews in the Israeli army don't cry, but fight as all other soldiers do. And anyone that has faced them in battle, which obviously excludes you, will attest to it.

If Israeli soldiers were cowards, there would be no Israel today.

by the way, when will you do your military service, I want to hear your expreience.

Maybe on the same day that you put your money where your mouth is, and blow yourself up for Palestine.

they used rockets because they had no choice, and they didn't snipe civilians, but they sniped Israelis soldiers, as you saw on TV, and you can't judge them for suicide bombs.

There was sniping of civilians too.

when Palestinians fight, they go ahead and don't afraid to be killed, when they fight they put in their mind that they may get killed, and they accept that, and their families accept that, because it's from something high, it's the land.

Hence why most of the Hamas operatives that look so proud and 'bad' in parades were nowhere to be found during the ground operations of the last Gaza offensive in Jan 2009.

we, we do not afraid from death, as Jews do.

Honesly, I'm not impressed. If an Arab fights a soldier, he's brave. If he attacks civilians, he's coward.

Sadly, history shows more of the latter, rather than the former.

The Israelis army fights soldiers and has in every single war.

Al-Quds, we will open it by our hand, as we opened it the first and second time.

With Crusaders, you were reconquering it.

With Israel, you'll be reinvading, after it has already been liberated by its original owners. Jews are majority in the land and the city of Jerusalem anyway. You can't 'liberate it'.

you should learn from history, and not be stubborn, when you left Torah Allah punished you and make you beg all nation after being the chosen poeple who have everthing.

The Torah has never allowed Jews to hand over their land to invaders. And equally Arab claims to the land have nothing to do with the Torah now, if anything they go against it.

that is not right, the most aggresive Jews came from west of europe, and they were massacred, and when they came to Palestine, they was paniked, and do the same things against the local people.

The massacres in the years preceding 1948 were committed by Arabs, not Jews. Jews created groups like the Irgun and Haganah in reaction and for the defence.

Jews who wer living in Palestine and other arabic countries had a good life among muslims, and there were no conflict between them, but when the western Jews came, they brought racism with them and crazy thoughts.

Don't bother trying to divide Jews against other Jews. We are all equal and the same in Gd's eyes, even if our ancestors lived and developed in different parts of the world.

All Jews throughout the Middle East were dancing with joy when the State of Israel was established and hate you people more than European Jews do.

I've said this before: It is European Jews that are most of the activists in Peace Now, not Middle Eastern or Sephardic Jews. The latter despise you and remember all too well how their parents and grandparents were treated before they left.

No, arabhamid, I'm not making this up. You constantly try to say that it is the 'European' Jews that are behind everything negative against the Arabs. This simply isn't true and noone with any knowledge of the conflict, or of Jews will back this up.

This is likely just your negative feelings towards the French and European colonialism being mixed with an unrelated subject.

read this to know the meaning of life.

The meaning of life is to live by and with Gd's law, and not die by it. Living by something is hard, dying for something is easy.

01:23 AM Mar 14 2010 |