Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Researching the "Rape Culture" of America!

osesame

osesame

Egypt

BY Dr. Christina Hoff Sommers
An Investigation of Feminist Claims about Rape
As a crime against the person, rape is uniquely horrible in its long-term effects. The anguish it brings is often followed by an abiding sense of fear and shame. Discussions of the data on rape inevitably seem callous. How can one quantify the sense of deep violation behind the statistics? Terms like incidence and prevalence are statistical jargon; once we use them, we necessarily abstract ourselves from the misery. Yet, it remains clear that to arrive at intelligent policies and strategies to decrease the occurrence of rape, we have no alternative but to gather and analyze data, and to do so does not make us callous. Truth is no enemy to compassion, and falsehood is no friend.
http://www.leaderu.com/real/ri9502/sommers.html
GREETINGS FOR SUCH VICE CITY!
RETURN TO ALLAH AND STOP SUCH BAD CULTURE!

03:39 PM Mar 13 2010 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

osesame

osesame

Egypt

Rape in America: The Recent Statistics are Startling!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/285448/rape_in_america_the_recent_statistics.html
NU, TRY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE ALL AMERICA WOULD BE RAPED!!!!!

03:41 PM Mar 13 2010 |

dabbid

dabbid

Spain

"We may forbid ladies to go out without companion like in arabic countries, but  nowadays it is impossible to change present culture.Women are independent. 

The fashion concerned with clothes ( showing legs, showing breasts), with night life rises danger of rape".  kobiet.ka

that is insulting….

the victim of a rape is always a victim, don't mind if the woman is wearing a miniskirt or is nude! in beaches all around europe and america women often practice topless and nobody rape their.

Why a man rapes a woman? because that man don't understand that the woman is a free person. Men who rape have a problem, they think that woman is a sexual object.

I can't understand how someone punish a woman who has been raped…..

08:41 PM Mar 13 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

thanks Kobiet for ur reply, and i think the type of wearing is a great reason for such things, coz no one disagree that the man is an eye while the woman is an ear…in brief, man like to look at women bodies and women like to hear sweat words!
and on beach, when a man admire with a woman body he can’t rape her coz the beach is crowded while rape always happen when no one can see or prevent u so he try to get near to her and deal with her with slyness if conditions didn’t prevent him from that to get what he want without raping, beside the matter of getting affair like one night stand become so easy matter in such countries!!!
look, when belief in the Creator Allah and his punishment in the hereafter become absent in the person’s mind, then he can do any harmful thing …even in muslim countries there is a ppl like those but with little percentage….
i hope God guide us to the right way amen!

06:29 AM Mar 14 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

BTW, WHERE IS MY TOPICHOW LIFE IN CIVILIZED AMERICATHEY DELETED IT, COZ I BROUGHT REAL CASES FROM AMERICAN SITES!
I THINK THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY ALL OVER THE WORLD, IT IS JUST A WORD FORMED AS THE STRONG WANT!!!!

06:46 AM Mar 14 2010 |

mike_gwen

mike_gwen

Indonesia

Oseshame
Are u really sure u didn’t remove it by urself? NU got a lot to say to u about ur country there. Hmm..

07:35 AM Mar 14 2010 |

osesame

osesame

Egypt

mice-gwen,
if u read my reply, i think ur heart would broke completely when u know that the last stastics about rape in America reach 90000 case and what didn’t reported is more huge, how is ur heart now dear!
btw, i tried o enter the topic today but i didn’t find him, and if u wanna me resend it again i will do immediately!!!!

07:52 AM Mar 14 2010 |

Atlas Lion

Atlas Lion

United Arab Emirates

It is just Horrible thing to happen this is against to be a human. Countries that have this problem need to make deterrent legislatives to prevent this in the future 

08:07 AM Mar 14 2010 |

~MemoTheHun~

Germany

C'mon Osesame,

there is no need to throw their mistakes to their faces. Post another things please

08:24 AM Mar 14 2010 |

Mr. Pmosh

Mr. Pmosh

Dominican Republic

Accuse a woman for being raped, is like accuse Palestine for being bombed.

When a men RAPES a woman, usully the men is the guilty no matter how naked or dressed she was.

A man rapes a child, we must accuse the child of being weak? Does the kid were using provocative clothes? 

If you look well, maybe with better sources you will find that in must of rapes, the women wasn't using provocative clothes. It was a simple young woman raped by a depraved man.

By the way, rapes also happen in Muslim countries. 

03:19 PM Mar 14 2010 |