Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Are You Human??Then Come And See but ....leave ur comment!!!!

Shymaa

Shymaa

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

The war on Gaza..

this is the second war on Gaza Strip…As usual, No one can speak, can deny or even refuse what is going on against GAza!!!!

Children are killing right now,,,SORRY, not just children but women , old people and innocent persons!!!!

they are victims..they don’t hold guns and attack israel…they r civillians!!!

Show me ur sympathy,

Show me that u refuse such a case in gaza

Show me that you are HUMAN….

PS:u can visit my profile to see the photos of the WAR against Gaza..

07:28 PM Nov 18 2012 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

So YOU translate for me. Are the reasons you won’t speak that you are afraid of the religious police or that there just isn’t an excuse for this behavior?

And it’s hardly brainwashing to show pictures of people being dragged by “Heroes” or of children being trained to become “martyrs” or of footage of truckloads of masked men beating and shooting what was obviously some kind of party and then leading men through the streets for ridicule. Heck, even we don’t do that!!

Or are you implying that we who are not Arab are genetically inferior, that it isn’t possible that it is you who are brainwashed by murdering billionaires who profit from your anger?

07:26 PM Nov 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

You speak true that scores of thousands of people are raped here every year. I am unaware of any that are raped by gangs of religious zealots out patroling for those who might be committing what they consider sin. Still rapes by priests and preachers and many others who claim to be holy are not unheard of here. That many priests escape punishment is a national scandal and disgrace to my nation and that church. In fairness though, a great many of those protections have been removed by both my nation and that church in the last few years. For the rest though, we chuck them in jail where other prisoners tend to rape them daily. Good riddence to them and all those like them.  I don’t blame all Imams any more than I blame all priests or pastors or any other group. Most undoubtedly are good people who truly love God as are most of the rest of my list. Still, apart from the one group, we punish our own for violations of our laws. The things I mentioned surely must violate your secular law so Sharia isn’t in this except to say if you can’t enforce secular law, will you enforce Sharia law? A truckload of armed masked men driving down my street would meet more than a hundred rifles and the law is with us. Armed masked men on your streets and bodies being dragged? Where are you? We pay the cops to enforce law but if they don’t we do it ourselves. Always have. We didn’t have ANY law enforcement except our citizenry for the first 50 years of our existence. It’s  your job to enforce, it doesn’t fall from you because you pay someone else to do it. That’s the road to either anarchy or tyranny.

Second, I don’t watch these pictures, these pictures are posted in forums here as are the links. If you have likewise, do so. My mind is open still though I do express my disgust at the “proclimation” of victory by Palestine. You post a forum asking for help and sympathy and when it comes and the killing ends, you take credit for what was not done by you. 

You sadden me greatly with your attitude. We’ve seen it before from Imperial Japan and the Hitler Youth. You are indoctrinated beyond reason. You have no idea what is possible in this world and I have no idea why. Do you think you are as powerful as who? What nation on earth are Gazans more powerful than? Or are you spending the blood of your Muslim neighbors because they share your faith? The rockets are not the equal to a massed bombing raid. The ones used in Viet Nam had as a goal a trail of complete destruction about 1500 meters wide and about 3000 meters long and that kind of raid can be launched several times a day. I truly don’t mean to threaten you but just how suicidal does one have to be to continue to use violence to resolve political issues? You are a people at war by your choice. It is you then who put your children, your homes, your women and your futures at risk. You COULD choose non-violent resistence, you choose use threats and killings.

Those who support terrorists ARE terrorists, the way those who assist any other kind of murderer must answer for sin. If you wish to fight like men with your rockets and rifles, go ahead, but then don’t ask why the world doesn’t intervene. YOU asked us not to, YOU had no trouble defeating Isreal. YOU didn’t need the Egyptians who risked and may have lost their own freedom for your sake, YOU surely didn’t need the US to weaken it’s own relationship with our ONLY ally in the region! GO YOU! You’re clearly winning!!

Sorry for the length, still waiting for my answer. Where are the holy who can’t overlook such things as have been posted or linked? Feel free to post your side surely. It can only help us understand since you are so certain we don’t. Seek peace, if Allah were even a little bit actually on your side, Isreal would be gone already. Maybe God’s not so happy with the violence and just figures to let the children slug it out or grow up. And don’t blame Isreal for the phrase “Chosen people”, the Bible also calls them that. Might be because of Jesus’ ethnicity. You know?

10:13 PM Nov 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

The issue here isn’t Isreal, the issue is support for Palestine. And since the subject was where is your sympathy, finding out if they are as we are told or not is relevant. As it sit’s they are looking like a population of angry fratboys with weapons. I’d like to be dissuaded of that by more than someone just saying “it’s not true”.

But you’re right, clearly I am asking a question with no answer acceptable to Palestinians. It would be me who would be stupid to keep asking.

10:53 PM Nov 25 2012 |

fabs1

fabs1

United Kingdom

@Wobbly:

You do realize that the puritans as well would give similar apologetic arguments for their lifestyle.

The rest of the world is chaotic and impure, therefore one must jump to some other extreme.

10:56 PM Nov 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Yeah you see that in US politics too. Nearly the whole country is reduced to voting for the extremes. Not many centrists left anywhere anymore. It’s not even a goal anymore. But killing only strengthens the ends and weakens the middle. Eventlually when the middle tears apart finally all that will be left is another round of thousands of years of wars like the years we just left behind. Humans are stupid everywhere.

11:03 PM Nov 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

Only if Isreal and Palestine are the same. Which they aren’t because their populations are different. Also the political processes and governments. Only the land is the same. How do you mean?

11:14 PM Nov 25 2012 |

WobblyJoe

WobblyJoe

United States

If you are none of those things perhaps you can scroll up to what this forum is about. Take my comments in that context, not in yours. You failed to make clear your personal context.

I’ve never insulted your faith or any who practice it as recognized by most Muslims.

I’ve never insulted your race or people or claim in any fashion that I am aware of.

I have never threatened you or your people or your nation. Comments concerning military power are no more than plain statements of facts as I believe them to be true. I honestly not only think Gaza (we are talking about Gaza remember) can’t take Isreal in an  open war but also I honestly don’t think they are the equal to any military of any nation in the region. Therefore, to begin a military confrontation is suicide. I just can’t understand what the thought process is that looks at a more powerful foe and says, “I’m going to go pick a fight with him because my neighbors or my God will have my back.” It just doesn’t work like that in real life. In the entirety of history, what battle has God fought that took longer than a command? Who is mightier than God? Not my nation surely. Not yours either nor Isreal. So if none can stand before the Lord our God, why is this in it’s sixth decade? To punish the sinful among you? Then who are you to oppose Gods will with violence. I say that only by example, I don’t believe it. I think God is sad at all of us.  

Parsboy, I don’t understand you. Land can’t be a nation. A nation can own land. Land has no soul. It can’t be our equal. I don’t understand your reasoning except that they are opposite sides of a confrontation. But the motives for each differs so also does the issues. They seem to seek a refuge from a world they feel hates them in the event of another Holocaust situation. Palestinians seem to seek restoration of Muslim governance. What have I missed? Please explain.

11:43 PM Nov 25 2012 |

zanaz

zanaz

Algeria

Are the reasons you won’t speak that you are afraid of the religious police or that there just isn’t an excuse for this behavior?

It could be right, but none of these are my reasons. The incident was wide covered in Aljazeera, Al Arabiya and other news channels. Yet, i’ll be more than glad to discuss all the points you made sometime.

09:58 AM Nov 26 2012 |

Shymaa

Shymaa

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

u have changed the main topic to another!!!!!oooops

whats up ???

PLEASE try to add comments which are related to my topic…i needn’t a chat

06:50 AM Nov 29 2012 |

a_yanakz

a_yanakz

Kazakhstan

not single palestinians are dying, both people from Palestina and Israel are living in hazardous conditions, poor, shame for people who make it

05:33 PM Dec 02 2012 |