Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Music Mix!

The Greatest Band On This Earth Is........!

Vanhallo

Vanhallo

Sweden

Metallica no question about it. I know people have different tastes but one band has to be a little better then the rest no matter what taste you have and this band is Metallica. I love Metallica so much because you can hear how they develop. You could almost say that by listening to all their records you can hear their life story. Most bands find one way to play and stay with that but Metallica develop their music and sound as the mood in the band is at the moment. A little flumsy I know but there's no true way in describing Metallica. They are just the greatest band on earth, period. Don't you dare disagree. I'll hate you forever and ever. Tongue out No I'm only kidding although I am serious about that I think Metallica is the greatest band. What band do you think is the greatest?

Motivate your answer please!!!!! 

If you're just going to write the bands name down, you could skip that because that would bore me. Please, please write why you consider your favourite band to be the best!

08:27 PM Nov 25 2007 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Vanhallo

Vanhallo

Sweden

That's a very good answer. Exactly the kind of response I was hoping to get. I understand you more than well since this is the type of feelings I have for Metallica as well.

I do too like other bands. In fact I'm extremely broad in my music taste. I listen to everything between classical music to heavy metal. But there has to be one that touches you more than the others. And for me it's Metallica as it is Placebo for you.

Cheers!

11:05 AM Nov 26 2007 |

posya.ua

posya.ua

Ukraine

For me is my band! 
 (where I play guitar and write texts)
Why?... Just because it's mine!!!

We yet have some doubt about the name. We have one, but it isn't very original and … (i don't know what word is also suitable:) 
So, if someone has ahy ideas, let me now:)

12:46 PM Nov 26 2007 |

darc

darc

Saudi Arabia

YO YO do not forget da gangsta hip hop and da raper

like (deth row – west cost-thug life-mario-omario

and the charming ciara-rihanna etc)

06:11 AM Nov 28 2007 |

1119126a

China

Backstreetboys

They are part of my life. I didn't have much felling the first time I heard their songs,but after one year I find that I still listened to.Gradually ,I found that I loved their songs much more than before,especially when I first watched their videos(I wanna it that way)

New album <<Unbreakable>> is fantasic.

08:29 AM Nov 28 2007 |

EmZy

EmZy

Ukraine

my first favorite band was Good Charlotte. Really, their music helped to overcome my problems in early childhood. I used to have big ones….for example, I was told that I have a cancer….but then doctors said it was a mistake….u know in such moments music helps…then I began to listen old school hardcore because of straight edge(Ramones, for example)...I think that every band has one or several songs that are super…for example, Billy Talent/ fallen Leaves or Breaking Benjamin /Diary of Jane. Also I like my band Light Inside. I am a lead-singer and song-writer….so this band is somehow my first child =) how can't I love it?

09:05 PM Nov 28 2007 |

pablo33

pablo33

Colombia

i think tha the answer is u2 simple answer cuase the simplified the meaning of music

08:43 PM Nov 29 2007 |

Leenaa

Leenaa

Czech Republic

For me its 30 seconds to mars and then also linkin park .I like rock music also sometimes dont mind to listen something from the 60 s and grunge it was also good..there is lot of good music , rock music. But in this time for me is 30 stm absolutely number one. I look forward to their concert I guess it will be perfect, no doubt about it..

12:46 PM Dec 01 2007 |

Solomia

Solomia

Ukraine

U2  – I think that the best bend of all times and all over the world is U2!!!

They realy did a good job alond those years!

03:20 PM Dec 03 2007 |

Fiber

Fiber

Russian Federation

B.E.P. UndoubtedlyTongue out

10:14 AM Dec 06 2007 |

ainiyue~

Macao

I think the greatest band in the world is TVXQ !!~

It is a Korean band! It's cool!!                  I love it!!

12:24 PM Dec 06 2007 |