Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

English Talk

Women should sit at home and take care of children.

Mirzogolib

Mirzogolib

Uzbekistan

Women should sit at home and take care of children. It's right? Why?

05:02 AM May 06 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

doha-e-b

doha-e-b

Israel

no it's not right women shouldn't sit at home and take care of children , women should choose to do what they want (work or sit at home ) .

12:44 PM May 06 2008 |

tahirh

tahirh

Malaysia

Well, I can say it's depend. If the Husband is millionaire (just kidding) perhaps his incomes are enough to pay all the house bills, foods, loans, and have extra cash to be kept in the saving accounts, the woman should consider that. But how about if the women incomes are better than their husbands. It is wise to get a person to look after their children's and/or maid to do all the housework.

However, as doha-e-b said, let the women decide. 

02:18 PM May 06 2008 |

Casiol

Casiol

Malaysia

nope

children should be left at home alone

like me Laughing

02:31 PM May 06 2008 |

diddy

Romania

mirzogolib, you have courage if you've started a topic like this one. I wonder how comes that the women logged on this site haven't replyed with a lot of "opposite-topic" arguments. :)) really now… it all depends on the conceptions and the mentality of each woman. I've heard cases when women were obliged by there husbands not to take a job in order to look after their kids and keeping the house clean all day long. I totally disagree with this kind of thinkings. EVERY woman should decide for herself, for her own way of living her life.

Most of these cases are seen, usually, in poor social environments. In my country, for example, (I'm not ashamed to recognise) at the countryside, in villages, most of the families living there have an education based on these precoceived ideas. But, let's hope that as the years pass, this is going to change. Let the time doing his job. Smile

03:56 PM May 06 2008 |

Dvid

Dvid

China

I think women should have equal rights as men do.

They should have their own choices whether to stay at home or go to work to make her own dreams come true. Men and women both parties should take resposibilty to take care of children, the burden shouldn't be put on women or men's shoulders alone totally.

04:06 PM May 06 2008 |

tahirh

tahirh

Malaysia

Dear Didi

In Malaysia, we are difference. man and Women need each other. I doesn't matter whether women should stay at home or not but in Malaysia we have Man who stay at home, look after their children, do the housework while the women goes to work just becoz their wife have better education or maybe better luck to have a better job with high earning. For example, if the man earn RM1K and the women earns RM3K, which one you think can have better income to support the family but if they combined the income, it will become RM4K. With RM4K per month the family can pay somebody to look after their children while they went to work. It cost about less than RM500 hundred. With the balance of RM3.5K, they can do a lot for their family.

What's wrong if the women wanted to stay at home and look after their children when she know that her husband is capable to support heir family.

maybe different country different style of living but I do believe that Man and women are equals.

04:34 PM May 06 2008 |

diddy

Romania

It's nothing wrong with it in this case but I was talking about the prejudice (in some countries… or closer reffering, in some villages from different countries) that the woman is born to tidy the room, to look after her children ( which … guess what… they are father's as well…). You could not understand this for the simple fact that you haven't seen sth like this. But this cases does exist. Anyway, I end this reply with an optimistic mood, saying that modern times, where woman = man (reffering to the rights) are about to make their entrance. :P

07:14 PM May 06 2008 |

diddy

Romania

the previous reply was for Tahirh, i forgot to mention

07:17 PM May 06 2008 |

dulliano

dulliano

India

okay  its  bit   ridiculous  topics !!!! bt i totally  dont get  agree that  woman shud sit at home and take cre of childre…....in dis generation i  dnt think dat evry womaen shud want to stay at hom after lukin all d hose hold!!!!obviously not  because they have too feelins to do somethin and dont want to fully depend on husband!!!but in certain condition both d husband and wife shud coperate each other of taking care of children!!!!so women shud get freee watever they do …equal to man!!!

05:16 AM May 07 2008 |

rusminah

rusminah

Malaysia

Agreeeeeeee with dulliano. we no longer a caveman. Woman and man are all equal as long as we are human being. 

09:13 AM May 07 2008 |