Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in
Applying for a job

Applying for a job

Date: Oct 04 2007

Topic: Business English

Author: rhyme_reason

Lesson

If there is 'a vacancy', there is a job available because a new post has been created or a person has left.

• Larry's move to London has created a vacancy in Marketing if you are interested.
  • We don’t have any vacancies at the moment but we will keep your CV on file.

When a post becomes vacant, the company 'advertises the post' in the press.

• Although the post was advertised last month, we promoted someone internally.
  • We advertised the post in the national press last week and have received lots of applications.

If you 'apply for a job', you send in a CV or letter because you want the job.

• Ten people have applied for the job just from advertising it internally.
  • I've applied for that job in Glasgow even though I don’t really have enough experience.

When you want a new job, you send 'letters of application' to the company concerned.

• I've written letters of application for four different jobs but had no reply yet.
  • We have received letters of application from a wide range of candidates.

The candidates who apply for the job are also known as the 'applicants'.

• The number of applicants is very high. There are a lot of people with the right qualifications and experience.
  • We do a pre-selection of the applicants based on their previous experience.

A company can use a 'recruitment agency' to fill their vacancies

• We use a recruitment agency to advertise the post and do a pre-selection.
  • There are several recruitment agencies who specialize in our sector so we can find highly qualified candidates quickly.

A 'job description' details all the duties, responsibilities and personal qualities necessary for a specific job.

• We have written new job descriptions for all the jobs in our department.
  • I don't think making the coffee is in my job description!

Your 'qualifications' are your academic or professional diplomas.

• For a post at this level, we consider experience to be more important than academic qualifications.
  • For this post, we give full training. The only qualification necessary is a high school diploma.

'Experience' is the knowledge acquired through time already spent in work, in different jobs.

• I have a lot of experience managing a small team and would now like to manage a bigger one.
  • The best candidates are those who have previous experience in the food industry.

'Salary and benefits' are what you are paid and the extras you receive in return for the work you do.

• Although the starting salary is not very high, the benefits include health insurance.
  • We pay very competitive salaries and provide some of the best benefits in the sector.

Comments

Merril

United States

Most of the points are now almost eliminated or not used at all. With modern filing there are not some of the listed nuances. And if the work is found through the site, then there are no such moments at all. Employers themselves simplify the process. Even in English-speaking countries, outside the US and UK. In the same South Africa, such a process is generally excluded.

12:51 AM Apr 25 2019 |

janetdoson

American Samoa

About Us:
zhejiang  ESL Center is a leading recruiting company that uses knowledge from both foreign and Chinese experts and the company is specialized in the educational field. Our approach to education is unique and our main focus is to develop and improve various skills. Zhejiang ESL Center maintains important links and information between Chinese and American schools and also various institutions, with the main aim to find a suitable and convenient teaching position for foreign teachers in China . Annually thousands of clients as well as ESL teachers are attracted by our professional, efficient and all-in-one service. 

NO#1ESL for International Kids’ School In Hangzhou

About Employer:

l Three prestigious international kids’ schools in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province

l With complete teaching facilities and warm-hearted bilingual teaching aids, we’ll save you from worrying about the communication obstacles.

Attractive Working Location:

l Living in Hangzhou would be wonderful and amazing. Hanging out along the West Lake and calming down in the fragrance of Longjing Tea would be delirious life-long experience. It would be a pity if you miss the chance to enjoy the heavenly scenery and taste the original spirit of traditional Chinese art. Absolutely, your security would be fully guaranteed.

Job Description:

Qualifications:

l Be creative and interactive and responsible

Vacancy:

l 3

Contract Duration:

l 1 year

Starting Date:

l ASAP

Students’ Age:

l 3-12 years old

Salary:

l 8000 to 10000 Yuan/Month

Preferential Treatment:

l Visa: available

l Board for free with comfortable apartments provided, and life necessities available upon request.

Absolutely, your security in China would get fully 

No2#Attractive ESL position in Panda city, Chengdu

About Us:

Our English training center concentrate on the English education of students aging from 3 to 12. With the introduction of original English textbooks, we’ve developed a distinctive set of effective teaching method. 

With rich-experienced teachers and effective administration as well as meticulous teaching attitude, our school has won profuse popularity among students as well as parents, and earned the name as one of the best English training schools in Chengdu. 

Job Descriptions:

Vacancy:1

Students’ Age:3-12

Working Hours:

<20 Hours/Week

5days/Week

Salary:

l 8000 Yuan/ Month

Preferential Treatment:

Airfare: 

l 6000RMB

Allowance

l 1000 for traveling allowance and 1000for other allowance

Accommodation:

l Free and comfortable accommodation available 

NO#3 ESL Job in Ningbo , Zhejiang Province with    Everything One Could Wish for

Join Us ASAP:

About  Ningbo:

Ningbo is a historic city with several tourist attractions, and one of the three major economic centers in Zhejiang Province. Ningbo Port is an important port city of the southeast coast of China and also part of the hub port of Shanghai international shipping center and Ribbon. The cost of living in Ningbo is much lower than in cities such as Shanghai, but if you want to take a weekend trip to Shanghai or Hangzhou then its only 2 hours away by high speed train. 

Fancy Employment Package:

l Working in Ningbo 

Great Salary: 8000RMB 

Bonus/Airfare allowance: 5000RMB 

Visa Available:Z

Medical Insurance: available 

Full time, 15-20 teaching hours per week

l Free accommodation :

l  Comfortable apartment furnished with TV, washing machine, etc. within walking distance of the school 

Other details:

You will be working with very nice and supportive Chinese co-teachers. You will have an assistant help take care of anything you need, such as shopping or setting up a mobile phone account. Also the job itself is fun! You basically just play with kids (using a managed approach), sing ESL songs, and so on. We are looking for a teacher to start immediately!

NO4#  ESL teacher wanted in Cangnan, Wenzhou.

Why choose to join in us?

We are a professional English training school, and have all ages of students.The establishments are top-ranking ,everybody here has a great team-work awareness, and we work hard together to make us the most professional language training school !

Job qualifications   

l Full time 

l Enthusiasm and passion in teaching;

Workload

l Five days a week, including 24 classes.45min/class.

Salary

l 8000-10000RMB 

Visa

Available

Accommodation

Self-contained, comfortable accommodation with TV,  refrigerator, air conditioning, microwave, etc.

NO#5  ESL teacher wanted in Liyang, Jiangsu.

Why choose to join in us?

We are a professional English training school in a beautiful city, and have all ages of students.The establishments are top-ranking ,everybody here has a great team-work awareness, and we work hard together to make us the most professional language training school !

Job qualifications   

l Full time with one year contract

l Enthusiasm,passion and conscientious in teaching;

Workload

Not more than 25 hours,no office hours 

Salary

l 10000RMB/month and bonus

Preferential treatment

l Airfare Allowance

l Housing Allowance 

l Insurance 

l paid leave

l Z visa 

If you are interested in more details about this job do not hesitate to contact us and send your resume, a recent photo and relevant certificates as soon as possible. We will provide you with further details and arrange for your interview upon receipt of your email. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Contact Information:

www.eslteachjob.com

Tel : 0571-85831165 85123802

Mob : 13305812049 

QQ:1928606206 

12:55 PM Mar 28 2013 |

cherryberry25

Germany

thx – it was useful for me, because I want a job abroad :)

09:00 PM Jan 09 2011 |

foz12

foz12

Saudi Arabia

good lesson

we use all these words

thank you so much

12:13 PM Jul 30 2010 |

mariam222

mariam222

Saudi Arabia

thhanxxxxxxxxxxx

LaughingCoolLaughing

06:43 AM Jun 11 2009 |

joedi5

joedi5

Jamaica

well where i live i was trained on how to apply for a job and what is meant by vacany. besides english is my language. i know what the requirements are when going on a interview, what is expected of you, what you should not do and what you should do, but i think that what your doing is a great thing helping people from basic to general, i think that it great so keep it up. good job.

09:01 PM Aug 26 2008 |

Kelvin Chan

Germany

thank you for telling me this in English way

05:10 AM Aug 22 2008 |

ithry

Morocco

THANKS

04:08 PM Aug 21 2008 |

learnE

Yemen

the lesson is very important .

thanks so much

05:16 PM May 31 2008 |

magic-of-love

Yemen

Thank you for this lesson I like the world of business and I want to be  businessman

02:46 PM May 12 2008 |

abbi85

abbi85

Iraq

the lesson was is very good
thanx

08:52 PM May 10 2008 |

nikoljanson2008

Germany

thanking you for your kind information ,please help me to improve my english languge.

11:04 AM May 10 2008 |

chihabe

chihabe

Algeria

thx

10:52 AM May 09 2008 |

chihabe

chihabe

Algeria

thank you

10:51 AM May 09 2008 |

DaMnWoRlD

DaMnWoRlD

Taiwan

Thanks a lot!Laughing

09:44 AM May 09 2008 |

nathygroove

Nigeria

the lessons was a great one.for more info about me mail me on nathygroove@yahoo.com or call me on+2348022831706

12:45 PM May 08 2008 |

nathygroove

Nigeria

am nathaniel peter from nigeria.i am 21 years old.i am a graduate of saint josephs colleg,vom,plateau state.nigeria.pls contact me for any vacant on or call me on +2348022831706.thank you

12:35 PM May 08 2008 |

soso1993

soso1993

Hong Kong

thanks

09:03 AM May 08 2008 |

lilydb

China

i like . thank you

11:36 AM May 07 2008 |

JZ-Star

Kazakhstan