Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

Discovery of idiomatic usage

Date: Oct 25 2007

Topic: Idioms and Slang

Author: SantiCia

Lesson

Beginning:A little warm up for my students...I feel like i have been doing my Class once again...Ok...You are going to find out what is the meaning of three idioms which are given below:

He DOESN'T MINCE HIS WORDS when he is talking about politicks.He says directly what he thinks about them.

When i met her she said that I am a very problematic girl because whenever something goes wrong I  tend to make a mountain out of a molehill.

One dayI have heard that Michael was going to become a president of the United States of America. I run to his appartment and boasted:Have you lost your mind man?Being a president is not a prper job for you!He laughted at me,and then replied:Whoever told you that? And then irealised that hearing something from the grapewine not always is true.

Ok that is the first stage, i understand that to some extend it might occure as something really easy, but as my first lesson it is pretty hard...As I am not going to be a teacher I don't have to be perfect at this time. But who knows???? "Only God can judge me" 

Likes (0):

See all >

Share this lesson:

• Share on Facebook
  • Share on Bebo
  • Share on Myspace
  • Share on Twitter
  • Email this to a friend
  • Share on Sina

Post Ebaby! lessons on your blog:

Ebaby! Cast